1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHRMA Dissolution?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 83BSA, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

AHRMA Chp 11 Filing

I tried, but I don't know how to attach the 36 pages of the AHRMA Chapter 11 filing from the Middle District of Tennessee downloaded today. Nonetheless, here are some highlights:

AHRMA made only one payment in the 90 days (preferential period) prior to filing on Nov. 10. That $8,457.62 payment was to their bankruptcy counsel who has a claim in the BR for $15,503 in unpaid fees.

AHRMA owes their TO litigation counsel about $155K, Ted Bendelow, their GC, about $20K, Jeff Smith, their "special litigation consultant" $10K, and Fred Mork, $10K. They also owe various court reporters for discovery items in the TO litigation.

Given the fact that NO payments were made since about August 11, 2006, it is clear that AHRMA planned their entry into bankruptcy at Mid-Ohio and the first week of August, 2006, i.e., in the midst of the depositions that were ongoing at that time. They then proceeded to execute that strategy thru August, September and October, 2006, never saying a word to anyone about their plans. In fact, they led the members to believe that everything was "business as normal" and that nothing was amiss. I for one paid my dues for next year in early October believing that everything was "normal". What arosed my suspicion was when I learned that AHRMA's attorneys wanted out of the ED NY case, and that people were leaving the organization, i.e., items I learned thru various sources other than AHRMA at or about the time of the Barber event.

Do I feel deceived? You bet. I don't suggest that every business strategy be open for public review and comment, but I do think what has unfolded, and what continues to unfold, reveals a pattern and practice of fraud and deception. I'll be happy to email a copy of the Chp 11 filing to anyone that wants it; just let me know and that public document will be enroute.

Stay tuned.

2. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

So, my question is, where is the moneys coming from to pay track deposits for the 2007 season?

I'm not privy to how such things work but something seems a little funny, is the AMA paying their way, if so, that would be considered unreported income, right?

I'm a hair away from deciding not to renew over this shit.

Member owned???????????

Looks to me like we should overthrow those in control & start over again.

Bob (Evil Bob) Weber

Wera #84 Ahrma #45

3. charles

charles The Transporter

Now, now, Evil Bob, this has been going on for some time, y'know, is what you're trying to say you feel somewhat duped? Methinks, as someone else wrote, this is just the start of the 7th inning, lots of ballgame left, grab a
    chili-dog and a brew and stetch your legs before the next batter steps up...
    member-owned..muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...uh, huh, fer sure...
    Hey, whose money is it anyway?

Bleak House, Chapter Four: "Let's Count All the Money!"

4. charles

charles The Transporter

...forgot to mention, AHRMA members who email requests for information or explanation to CEO Dave Janiec might think about copying those emails to the Team Obsolete website, so that folks can stay informed.

5. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

I'll give it a try...Here is AHRMA's Official Bankruptcy Filing from U.S. Bankruptcy Court (Tenn) http://teamobsoleteforum.com/AHRMABankruptcyFiling.pdf

6. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Sorry but I must be dense.

1 Does Rob Iannucci own Team Obsolete?

2 Does Rob I. and /or T/O have anything to do with the lawsuit and financial hardship that AHRMA is in?

3 Does anyone on here have anything to do with T/O or Rob I. (race, sponsor, etc...)?

4 These questions are for those who keep posting all this stuff that they/he/she/shit get from T/O forum and or home pages.

5 It seems that someone is consorting with the enemy.:down:

Post a lot of info here to cast a lot of doubts. How will it help if everone said;
    "I'm a hair away from deciding not to renew over this shit."

Why do some of you post all your SHIT talk on T/O forum? We don't have an AHRMA forum now but Mongo has stepped up as a brother motorcycle club and is letting us vent on HERE.
    Why are some of you going to the T/O forum and downing AHRMA? I don't like what has happened but AHRMA is the club I raced with and they need to change things (bad so) but posting on a forum page that helped get us to this point is not going to help AHRMA and most of all us racers.

Who is goint to get a ride on one of Robs bikes if they can help desolve AHRMA? Some sure look like they have a potential contract.

FUCK me to tears. I can't believe some people.

Hell lets go back to name calling and posting what Rob has to say. He seems to be able to get people to do what he wants exept JUDGES and TRUSTEES

Sorry, my toung was too sore tonight. Can someone help me with my doltish, dense, dumb ass thinking and tell me how this is helping us as racers or AHRMA with the lawsuit or chapter 11?

This was not aimed at most.:Pop:

7. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I wouldn't walk across a paddock lane to talk to Rob I, just as he wouldn't do the same to look at my junkyard dog.

And I don't care if it helps or not, AHRMA is still half of this pissing match, a little common sense from both sides would have made the matter go away long ago.

Where did the money come from for 2007 track deposits? have they been paid?
    If they haven't, is the 2007 schedule worth the web page its printed on?

why throw money away that you get back later, at about 6 cents on the dollar.

I still like pie...

8. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

I agree.

The trustees need to be taken out behind the wood shed.

ASKING everyone

If we as riders were on the board and were trying to settle this, even at a loss, and the proposel (compensation for using the bears name? not letting him race? what ever the issue) from MR.I was going to be imposable to do (arms, legs, heads, first born, billions$ etc...), we all have won in court so here yee say yee the judge HOW DO WE MAKE IT STOP.

If we can? Lets hear it.

If we cant, we start looking to get AHRMA's $ back from the one who is making us spend it.

I (we) don't know all the facts because they are not telling and that is how most lawsuit go.

I don't care if they let T/O Mr.I come back. I can understand if AHRMA doesn't want them IN because of all the trouble.

9. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Bob,
    As Mongo will attest you don't get a track date without a deposit of some sort.
    In most cases track dates are arrainged 1 - 2 years in advance.
    I am willing to bet that the deposits were made at the last event for that track from the receipts. Tracks like Roebling & Tally were in the works prior to 2006.

Now going forward.....
    AHRMA can only hope that they are given Debtor in Posession status from the courts, ie. the courts back up monies spent while in bankrupcy to keep the "company" solvent.

10. charles

charles The Transporter

After reading the last several posts, I offer this: anyone can "google" Chapter
    11 and see what it says, you don't need a law degree to do that, at least you will get the general idea of what will (should) transpire; next, the links to
    websites to access all of the legal filings (public record) in the AHRMA-Team
    Obsolete have been provided on this thread and the Team Obsolete thread;
    next, those interested should do the research and reading necessary to
    understand the basics of what has transpired and what is currently taking place; next; those interested can read statements from AHRMA officials on the AHRMA website and/or Vintage Views, and likewise there are statements
    from Rob Ianucci/Team Obsolete on the Team Obsolete website; next, members of AHRMA can take various actions to obtain further clarification from the AHRMA officials (trustees) about the situation. Did I miss something?
    Maybe...but it seems to me that there is much hype, name-calling, taking
    sides, and so on...too much, for a situation in which so much is unknown.
    The effort should be to search for the truth, to paraphrase Judge Frankel.

11. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that using all the clubs resources up for this thing was right,but i haven't read a thing yet about why the non-profit leader/leaders of AHRMA have such a prob the previous owner.

I wonder if maybe when AHRMA was made a non-profit maybe the previous for profit owner thought he could still dictate how things ran & that was the beginning of the source of problems,or did the new leaders force the previous owner out at that point.

Just curious,as i didn't AHRMA until 1995,& as a guy who was tired of trying to raise a family & race,keep up w/new bikes tires every weekend etc.,suddenly racing was fun again.

No slam on WERA it just it was really fun to race 2/3 times a year & go to mid-ohio & daytona,it's the only reason i'm not racing my v5 bike right now,if WERA raced there i'd be in.

12. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

My November 1, 2006 email to Dave Janiec, Chairman of the AHRMA Trustees:

"Dave –
    I trust I have the proper email address for you. I would like to follow up on the “town hall” meeting and questions asked, not asked, answered, and not answered. I respect your position with respect to advice given by AHRMA’s attorneys; as a commercial litigator I have an appreciation for clients following, and not following, such advice. I’m not sure, however, I understand why some of the information sought would not be capable, or more importantly why it should not, be disclosed to AHRMA members. But you can explain that more fully to me in a less contentious environment. Most importantly, I am concerned about who is representing AHRMA’s interests with respect to the pending motion by the current-soon-to-be-former attorneys to withdraw from AHRMA’s representation. That is an extraordinary, and unusual, circumstance. AHRMA needs proper representation. I do not suggest or offer to provide that representation – I am simply concerned for AHRMA. Despite my disagreement with what I perceive to be the way some things may have been handled, my hope is that AHRMA prospers and grows. It is good for the sport, it benefits me and my racing desires, and those of my friends. However, I cannot help if all information continues to be stonewalled. Years ago I asked Bendelow for information I thought was properly available to members and he essentially told me to pound sand. My efforts at being meaningfully informed have been thwarted at every turn. Yes, I am frustrated, but I have not abandoned all hope. Hence, this email. Please give me a call, or let me know by return email a convenient time I can call you, as well as a number you can be reached at. Thank you."

I then followed up with another email on November 2, 2006:
    "Dave –
    I’m not sure you received the attached. Please let me know, even if you elect to not communicate further with me. Thank you."

I've never received any response to either email. You decide how "responsive" AHRMA is to its members.

13. krypton7

krypton7 Well-Known Member

Jeff Smith Is Running For Trustee Again

It does seem inconcievable that Jeff Smith would run again. Granted Jeff did a good job of building AHRMA in the early days after he bought AHRMA from Iannucci (although the bullshit of screwing TO got us in all this trouble to begin with). None the less, let me focus on one contemporary item: Jeff Smith, AHRMA, Special Litigation Council. This is his current title with AHRMA

Let me repeat this: Jeff Smith Special Litigation Council for AHRMA. Now anyone who will vote for Jeff Smith, Special Litigation Council, when his council has cost AHRMA literally a $1,000,000 of our money on his personal vendetta to persecute TO is out of their friggin' mind. Jeff Smith, Special Litigation Council for AHRMA, is the same person who persued the litigation to the point of robbing each and every member of our Benevolent Fund to pay for his personal fight to 'get' TO/Iannucci. Jeff Smith, Special Litigation Council, is the same person who continued to advise AHRMA to continue its fight against To/Iannucci knowing that the costs were driving AHRMA toward bankrupcy.

What are the qualifications of Jeff Smith, Special Litigation Council to AHRMA? Dirt racer comes to mind. Would AHRMA hire Ricky Carmichael as a legal advisor? Not likely, yet here's dirt guy Smith giving legal advice to an organization on a very sophisticated and complicated process that he has absolutely no qualifications for. Jeff Smith may have been some sort of consultant to Bombadeer 20 or 30 years ago about outdated technology but that seems to have made him okay with AHRMA to be their Special Litigation Council

Here's the kicker to it all: Jeff Smith, Special Litigation Council, has listed himself as a creditor that says that AHRMA owes him $10,000 for his services. These are the same services from an unqualified has been racer, that single handedly put AHRMA into financial trouble. This is the same guy who expects to get paid from AHRMA even though he helped create the situation.

Jeff Smith for trustee. I don't think so. Not on our watch

14. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

stu, This needs to be sent to vv to see if they will put it in?I don't think they will but you are spot on .Why the hell do you think mork thinks ahrma owes him 10,000 too? Tim joyce

15. charles

charles The Transporter

Objectivity and obtaining facts are paramount. However, if there are any
    strong sentiments that the Benevolent Fund was misused, those sentiments
    and any accompanying factual representations should be reported by letter to
    the proper authorities in OH and TN- the State Attorney General's Offices in and the Bankruptcy Court and U.S. Trustee.

Any reasonable person would agree that those funds were collected for one purpose only.

16. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Good question, considering Section 8 of the bylaws-
    "A trustee may not serve in a compensated position within AHRMA operations and also serve as trustee."

Did he loan them $10? Perhaps it went in the benevolent fund?

17. bax504

bax504 Well-Known Member

I have been watching this post since the beginning. There is alot of BS flying from both sides. I am hearing alot of complaints and he said/ he did. I have only one thought on this matter. What is going to be the best solution for the racers who race with AHRMA? Is it a complete change on the board? Is it AHRMA going under to form again? Remember AHRMA is only a name, the organization is the members. Is TO running AHRMA into the ground? Is it AHRMA getting in a pissing contest with someone they don't like? I don't know the answer, but fresh faces and ideals on the board is a good way to start. Cheers.:beer:

18. KWS4

KWS4 Member

AHRMA Solutions

Folks

Well for the most part there haven't been many suggestions here about how to get AHRMA out of this mess. I'm not a big-time AHRMA racer, though I've been a member and a once-a-year (at least) rider since about 1991. I have no confidence in the currently elected board and call for the immediate resignation of every board member, every employee dismissed, and a special election to elect a completely new board of trustees immediately, say ballots due by Jan. 1st. This special election would require a statement from each candidate stating how they would bring about a rebirth of AHRMA and how to make it a truely member-owned organization. I propose that a summit be held at Daytona (if it happens) to bring together this new board of directors and all interested members to rewrite the charter of the organization (or to start a new organization). I have no experience with the law or bankruptcy, and have no interest in learning, but I don't see anyway out of this mess without starting over. I just want to race motorcycle on fine roadracing circuits across the country.

Peace
    karl Smolenski
    Not a lawyer, 40+ race bikes, USCRA, WERA and AHRMA member

19. bax504

bax504 Well-Known Member

Karl, thanks for the suggestion. I agree that something must be done. But if we did that, would the TO lawsuit be over? I don't think that either side is innocent nor 100% guilty. The only people that is getting the shaft or sone to be shaft is the racers. Thanks again.

20. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

You may have the best solution available but....you knew there had to be one.

Since AHRMA filed bankruptcy it is up to the courts.
    First business plan approval for the immediate and on going.
    Next the courts may force the "sale" or closing of the organization.

If the business plan is to start from square 1 there needs to be a transition period from the old guard to the new. Again this needs approval from the courts.

We all want AHRMA to survive.
    There will always be BS but this is to deep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.