1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHRMA Dissolution?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 83BSA, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charles

charles The Transporter

Jim (post #138): I believe this information you reference is in the AHRMA
    by-laws.

Sparksfarmer (post #139): to be fair, since Ianucci has been footing the legal bills for his case in court for years now, one would have to say he IS very serious about the matter(s) and- why would he want to "stop these lawsuits"???

Krypton 7 (post #139): some research is being done, results will be posted
    in time...fiduciary duties are set forth in (Ohio) state law and judicially prescribed standards of conduct, and perhaps IRS codes, all relating to the operation of nonprofit corporations. Yea, of course, everyone is concerned about the money situation, but maybe it's more of a rumor than a genuine concern, I don't know but cetainly there are those who know.

2. mainman

mainman New Member

Ahrma Is Unamerican

AHRMA IS UNAMERICAN

Lets agree from the outset that everyone who goes racing wants to
    leave their daily life behind when they go to the track. People come to
    AHRMA and WERA events to escape controversy, not to engage in adversity.

So why should you care about Rob Iannucci and Team Obsolete. Why,
    because you are an American and you and your organizations must be committed
    to fundamental fairness. Fundamental fairness means one puts principles
    above personalities. It doesn't matter if you or Jeff Smith or the AHRMA
    board of Trustees likes or dislikes Rob Iannucci or Team Obsolete. It really
    doesnt matter that Rob Iannucci and Team Obsolete bring the best motorcycles
    and best riders in the world to AHRMA events. What does matter is we, as
    Americans, and all American institutions, public and private, are always
    fundamentally fair and not only tolerate, but encourage dissent.

Jeff Smith and the Ahrma board of directors engaged in a conscious
    and deliberate campaign to silence and harm its critics, Rob Iannucci and
    Team Obsolete. Hard to believe. How many of you have read your rule book
    cover to cover over the years? Jeff Smith and the Arhma board didn't like
    what Rob Iannucci and Team Obsolete did or said so they engaged in a
    conscious campaign to silence Ahrma critics.

The following is some, but not all, of what Smith and the Ahrma
    board did to Rob Ianucci, Team Obsolete, Team Obsolete riders and
    supporters;

Changed the rules. Smith and the Ahrma board changed the rules over
    and over again to silence their critics and do harm to Iannucci and Team
    Obsolete. I watched in disbelief as Smith and Ahrma deliberately engaged in
    a campaign to silence dissent. Smith and the Ahrma board didnt stop there.
    They tried and succeeded to harm those members who spoke up and/or allied
    themselves with Team Obsolete.
    > members were suspended,
    > members were declared medically ineligible,
    > members were refused authority to race if they registered on a Team
    > Obsolete bike,
    > members were fined,
    > members had their membership terminated.
    > members were slandered,
    > members were charged money for contesting Ahrma policy,

All of this went on as Ahrma was defaming Rob Iannucci and Team
    Obsolete in its newsletter called him names and insulting his character.

Has your sense of decency been offended yet? If not consider your
    organizations treasury. What Ahrma did, and continues to do, is spend tens
    of thousands of members dollars on attorney's fee to facilitate Smith and
    Ahrma's campaign to harm Team Obsolete and its friends.

Try and get a truthful answer from Ahrma on what are the issues involved in the litigation and how much of the Ahrma's
    members money they have spent on Ahrma's campaign to harm others. Ahrma
    will not inform you, its shareholders. Never has. Smith and the Ahrma board
    now appear to have directed Ahrma close to bankruptcy in its nonsensical and
    mean spirited campaign to do harm to Iannucci and Team Obsolete.
    Whats the answer. Simple. Ahrma needs to tell the truth. Ahrma needs
    to tell the truth to its members about Smith and the past conduct of its
    board of directors. Start with TRUTH and RECONCILIATION. Ahrma needs to stop
    spending its members money defending the indefensible. Ahrma needs to tell
    the truth and rescind all the punitive rules it passed, tell the members the
    truth about how much money Smith and the board of directors has spent due to
    their vindictive conduct. Ahrma should tell the members the truth about the
    litigation. Publish the complaint and all the pleadings. All the information
    is public record and subject to public review. Why won't Ahrma officals
    disclose the infomation to its members. Ahrma should stop filing documents
    in court under seal. Inform the members of their waste and frivolous
    conduct. Let the members decide.

> Here is the law.
    > Ahrma is a non profit Ohio corporation.
    > Ahrma members own ahrma. The members are the shareholders.
    > Ahrma board of directors are fiduciaries. They must act in the
    best interest of the members or they can be held personally liable
    > Ahrma members/shareholders have the absolute right to be
    informed on all matters of Ahrma. Ahrma officials cannot, in good faith,
    conceal the truth or advise the members that the members cannot be informed
    because of "ongoing litigation". The shareholders have the right to know
    the
    truth about the waste, irresponsibility of Smith and the board of trustees,
    and how much of the members money the board is throwing away on litigation
    it has caused.
    > Ahrma officials, Smith, assaulted Team Obsolete riders,
    harassed team obsolete friends, and vested a national championship in Team
    Obsolete competitors who used illegal equipment after receiving notice.
    > Ahrma and its officials have the absolute responsibility to its
    members to be fair to all and tell the truth.

as Ahrma members you wouldn't tolerate Smith and the Ahrma board of Trustees changing the rulebook because of the color of a members skin so why would you accept Smith and the board of Trustees changing the rulebook because of the content of a members speech?

So, to say Rob Iannucci and Team Obsolete want to ruin Ahrma or
    bankrupt Ahrma is frivilous and irresponsible. Rob Iannucci and Team
    Obsolete and friends want to be treated fairly, the truth be told, not to be
    harassed or insulted at the track or in Ahrma publications, and the
    responsible Ahrma officials to be held accountable. It is the American way.
    Ahrma and its members should take remedial measures.

Otherwise Ahrma should drop American from its name.

3. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Mainman, who are you and what is your relationship to the parties involved?

4. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

I smell License2Ill........:Pop:

5. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

You know what I think?

I Like Pie:rock:

6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The spelling is too good.

7. sparksfarmer

sparksfarmer Member

8. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Well-Known Member

Did anyone else read the above diatribe from Mainman as a politcal campaign speech? Completely lacking in facts, relying complete on innuendo and rehtoric.

I'd like to see his allegations backed up with fact before I believe a word of it.

Guess I'm anti-american.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah the whole American thing was over the top. I read the whole thing and knew nothing more when I was done than has already been posted.

10. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I don't get why there is so much speculation. AHRMA is member-owned, righrt? Doesn't that mean that the rank and file have access to whatever info they want, if they vote that they should have it?

On a side note, why is there always so much drama around AHRMA anyway? I"ve been reading and hearing about strife in that org since forever...how hard can it be to get together, race bikes, and have a good time? Yikes...is it run by 12 year olds?

11. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Well-Known Member

Its the difference between a dictatorship (wera) and a democracy (ahrma). Wera seems to get things done because it has one (main) leader making decisions. ahrma looks like it's run by 12 year olds because everything is done by commitee...

12. charles

charles The Transporter

Excuse me if i posted this previously, I just can't remember (too much smoke and vibration)... the legal action is in The United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 225 Cadman Plaza East, Brookyln, NY 11201. Roll in and ask for the Clerk of Court's Office. Or call 718-613-2600 and ask for the same, we all know the names of the parties involved. Pay the fees for copying and mailing and SHAZAAM, you're in like flint.

Or, you can access on-line by going to www.nyed.uscourts.gov, then clicking on "Genral Information." Then go to PACER access; you have to pay a small registration fee, and copies (downloads) are $.08 per page, cheap, huh?
    Oh- you then get access to ALL legal records filed anywhere in federal courts.
    Neato torpedo!

Or, if you want to register more directly, go to http://pacer.uscourts.gov

Know ye the truth, and the truth will set you free.

13. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Careful though, there might be 100s or pages or even thousands, so the $0.08 can add up quickly. If you guys want to spring for the whole file, send a photocopy to me and I'll take it a look at it and render an unbiased status report. I hate to see such a controverey so negatively affect motorcycle racing and I'd be happy to help sort it out.

Incidentally, the Federal Court system has a mediation process that has worked well for me in the past. I'd like to know whether the parties have tried this in the past.

If I'm in NYC on business I usually stay with a friend in Brooklyn who is very close to the Courthouse. I'll see if I could review the file.

14. sparksfarmer

sparksfarmer Member

Hey (diet)Dr. Thunder,

Yes, its a club of it's members.. But they are in the middle of a court case. It is really just like any other company,( or corp. etc..) Lawyers will tell you, you can not just start talking about things related to the court case, while in the middle of discovery. They are instructed by their attorneys to keep certain information to them selves. Just as if you knew something involving a court case... You can't just keep having press confrences... That would just lead to chaos and more legal crap.
    That is probably why Mr. I is not saying anything. He has a few people who are working as advocates for his side, stirring things up, but most people don't realize the Trustee's just can't answer the phone or an e-mail and start blabbing a bunch of stuff. When the lawsuit is over, then they can speak freely. I'm sure any attorney on this list, will tell you the same thing...

As far as Roger Doyle's offer, that was actually very nice of him. To volunteer his services was very cool!

I still am hoping that Rob I will post his initial 68 page complaint against AHRMA, so we can see if it is frivolous. Also, we can see what it is actually about. If it is because he was Un-Invited from the group because they did not want him back after suing the group and a multi year case/appeals process. I can understand that the Trustees may have not wanted him back. Hopefully, since he wants all of us to be informed, he will post his 68 page complaint and we will all know what he was suing about.

I do look forward to working on the bike this winter, I hope everyone else does the same. (In the snow belt, we only have re-runs on speed channel & winter projects to keep us busy.)
    Take Care,
    Sparksfarmer

15. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

You don't let the inmates run the prison, IMHO. The benevolent dictatorship works very well for a race org. :up:

16. charles

charles The Transporter

Okay, so maybe it's a 'wrap' on this thread? Everyone now knows how to access and/or request copies of the court filings in the cases(s); everyone who is a member of AHRMA knows enough to write a letter, sent by certified mail, return receipt, to the AHRMA director, asking for answers to whatever questions they have about anything; and everyone seems to have a position on the matter, informed or not.
    No one has come up with any concrete and insdisputable evidence that anyone has done anything unreasonable, unlawful,or immoral. There is reasonable speculation that 'something is up' since AHRMA's legal counsel wants the judge to release them of their legal duties.
    Other than that, and did i miss something, that's all for now...everyone get
    busy preparing for next season until someone reviews the court filings...and even after that, what will anyone really know?
    Best to All.

17. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Just one thing- everyone be sure to exercise your right to VOTE for trustees next month!
    :up:

(shameless plug: Yes, I am on the ballot! )

18. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Good for you, Carl. You've got my vote.

By the way, did you check with AHRMA to assure that they will provide you, as a Trustee, with Directors & Officers insurance coverage? Do you know what is covered and what is not? What the limits of coverage are? What the deductible or SIR is? Do you know what indemnity, if any, AHRMA will provide for you for actions taken in furtherance of your duties as a Trustee? What assets AHRMA will devote to backing such indemnity promise? Will they agree to defend you against any actions brought against you (a la TO litigation) for things you do (or fail to do) as a Trustee?

Just a few things to think of . . . .

19. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

I know that there has been insurance in the past. I would imagine that any answer given right now might be subject to change before new trustees take office, given the situation. But you can bet it's something I will be looking into rather closely prior to being sworn in, should I get the opportunity. As always, advice in these matters is more than welcome.

20. krypton7

krypton7 Well-Known Member

Vote for Carl!
    He's our Man.
    If he can't deplete our resources,
    Nobody can!

Really I am voting for Carl. Truly a Southern Gentleman with his heart in racing and a level head to boot. He'll do the right thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.