Any of u guys use mp3 players when you are on the track?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jugglenutz, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

Music relaxes me and i figure during an endurance what the heck ya know:D

Didn't know if anyone else used an mp3 player during a race...

2. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

You should be required to have an orange safety flag on your bike at all times. What are you thinking!?!? Why not have a few cocktails before your stint!?!? :rolleyes:

3. Jugglenutz

What's wrong with some mu sac????

All you hear is bikes most of the time anyways...and how is it any different from wearing ear plugs?

4. 418

418 Expert #59

5. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

i dunno about all that now.......i listen to music before a race but never during. i guess i'm too in tune w/ the bike to destort my snese of hearing in any way while riding. i'm also one of those racers that dosnt use a tach and just shift by ear so i can keep my attention down track.

besides you cant hear when someones behind you and that can get a bit dangerous in an endurance race.

6. Jugglenutz

i seen guys do it before :Poke:

7. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Is this a joke or are you that fuckin stupid?

8. Joe Morris

Because you need to be concentrating on what's going on around you. It's for your safety and for your fellow riders safety. This notion is ridiculous! Why do I bother explaining common sense to you. Why don't you just listen to your Power Commander?

9. 418

418 Expert #59

Re: Re: Any of u guys use mp3 players when you are on the track?

Read my mind...

10. Jugglenutz

i wouldn't ever have it up so loud you could hear it over the other bikes...heck...i was asking more to see if anyone could even hear the music and if it would be worth it...

11. Jugglenutz

Re: Re: Any of u guys use mp3 players when you are on the track?

I'll repeat it again since you missed it once....

I HAVE SEEN O T H E R RIDERS DO IT:Poke:

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Re: Re: Re: Any of u guys use mp3 players when you are on the track?

And?

13. Jugglenutz

If it's that big a deal to hear what's behind you...why do other guys wear ear plugs?

14. Joe Morris

I don't think you have.

I know a couple guys that use communicators. I think your confusing the setups.

15. Jugglenutz

Re: Re: Re: Re: Any of u guys use mp3 players when you are on the track?

I wanted to see if it helped or hurt their performance and demeanor on the track...jeez...it's just a friggin question

16. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Did you ever notice that, even with ear plugs, you can hear people talking to you before you put your helmet on?

17. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

i've seen other riders crash into other riders because of stupidity ........but i wouldnt want to do it!

sorry that's my if you're freinds did it would you comparison..............but um no dont listen to music while you race!:)

18. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

If I played music in headphones while racing, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't hear it. I do my best to "zen out" and concentrate only on riding...when I try to remember what my bike sounds like, etc. I can't remember...like I dont' have any attention left over to pay attention to that.

I was talking to a friend just the other daym, and he asked me if my racebike backfires on decel, and when I thought about it I realized I had no idea...lol.

Now, when something out of the ordinary makes a noise, it startles me a little...like an engine sound, or a miss, or something...it kinda snaps me out of my reverie.

19. Jugglenutz

Re: Re: Re: Re: Any of u guys use mp3 players when you are on the track?

I guess that could be it...

20. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

Mongo, Would this get you banned from WERA? Shouldn't it? But not from the forum because he is worth a laugh or two. I was at a trackday and I saw a Gomer getting his mp3 ready to go out. I kindly let the goober know what a moron he was.

And they say there is no such thing as a stupid question...