1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 bmw s1000rr track bike $7000

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by LudjakR1, Aug 31, 2015.

1. LudjakR1

LudjakR1 Well-Known Member

I have a 2014 BMW S1000RR for sale as a track bike. No title only bill of sale just like i bought it. Has not been down and has no mechanical issues. It has a Blank frame and no it has not been shaved off.

6k Miles
    Full Arrow Titanium Exhaust
    CFM rear sets
    Brembo 19x20 Master Cylinder
    Brembo Clutch
    Galfer brake lines

Please only serious buyers text or call 904 four seven two one one three three.

Thanks

Only trades for street bike 2010 Yamaha R1 and Up
    2009 GSXR 1k and up

Attached Files:

2. dapucker1

dapucker1 New Member

I'll assume bike is located in Florida?

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Hmmmmmmmmm

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

calm down, it says "FTD" on the front :D

5. All-Supply619

All-Supply619 Check out my ebay store!

s1000rr

contact me about this bike

Seth Starnes

6. Wingnuttspeed

Wingnuttspeed Well-Known Member

no engine number

Nice bike except that the engine number has been shaved off.

7. LudjakR1

Jacksonville Florida

8. LudjakR1

You were going to buy it anyway :up::up::up: 95% of bikes on wera, ccs etc don't have titles. Just because we didn't make deal. It's cool bro :)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Lmao you bastard lol

But seriously why would the engine number be shaved off. A blank frame can be a MSO but a shaved engine number??? Do you have an actual explanation for it?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  10. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

How do you all know that the engine number has been shaved off?

The seller says the Frame is blank and "no it has not been shaved off." He says nothing about the engine.

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Go back and read.... That's all I can really say..... Either the engine number has been shaved......... or not........ All I asked was why. A MSO does not have a VIN is most cases, but an engine always has a number. It's simple, I am a Cop and have recovered my own stolen bike actually off of parts advertised on this forum. I am asking for a friend of mine who may want to buy the bike.

If the engine has the numbers blank... that's fine. But shaved is a completely different story. We would both agree that $7000 for a bike that cost exactly double that amount less than one year ago, VIN or no VIN is a stupid good deal. Hell a good frame with a title cost 2-$2500 bucks. So you theoretically could have a bad ass BMW for Under 10 grand.

Not having a title he is right, I own several bikes without titles. But having a motor with shaved off numbers.... Well that's fishy to me.

Here is the FL law as it relates to stolen property.

(2) Except as provided in subsection (5), proof of possession of property recently stolen, unless satisfactorily explained, gives rise to an inference that the person in possession of the property knew or should have known that the property had been stolen.

(3) Proof of the purchase or sale of stolen property at a price substantially below the fair market value, unless satisfactorily explained, gives rise to an inference that the person buying or selling the property knew or should have known that the property had been stolen.

12. Wingnuttspeed

Wingnuttspeed Well-Known Member

I went and looked at the bike in Jacksonville thats how i know the engine number has been shaved off. Just letting people know so they dont make a long drive to find out that the number has been shaved off. With a blank frame you can look up the engine number to know its history but without the engine number there is know way to tell where it came from.

You can read the first two numbers on the engine and after that it has been shaved off.

13. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

14. LudjakR1

It is not like I got this bike for free I paid a lot of money for it so it was not fishy to me at the time of purchase. I was unaware of the engine number shaved off until someone from daytona came to look at it and i said on the phone before he came that i was not aware so i was not hiding anything nor am i hiding anything now. He wanted to pay $5000 for the bike and I did not want to sell for that low I would rather keep it . I have a bill of sale from the person i bought it from and copy of his drivers license. Bike should be sold this weekend to someone I already told on the phone that yes the engine number has been shaved off as someone else pointed out to me when they looked at it. If you guys are not serious about the bike or have questions call me directly and not act like little girls on a forum. I am very busy with work and don;t have time to come to the forum and answer questions. I left my phone number for contact. If this is not enough explanation ladies then call me.

Good luck

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

So, did you sell it yet?

16. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

They aren't being "little girls" , most are trying to keep from buying stolen property and you can bet, if that number is SHAVED off, its stolen.

17. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Prove it. :Poke:

18. GSXR_388

GSXR_388 Well-Known Member

The VIN is in the ECU... all you have to do is take it to a BMW dealer and they can give you the VIN.. then they can run it for service records and see if it has been at what dealer and even where it was sold.

Upon getting the VIN of course you can run it in CARFAX and see where it was register over the last year or so.

Once you find out is most likely default on bank loan of some kind, it is not considered stolen per say. Now if it happens to come up in a insurance write off and ran through a auto auction, you can recover the paper work most likely and actually get a bonded title.

Anyway, the VIN is in the ECU..

19. Last930

Last930 Active Member

Aren't the vin and the engine serial number different? The vin is the frame #; the seller stated that the frame is blank which I believe means it is a replacement frame from BMW. So maybe it was an accident bike at some point. It would be interesting to see what the ecu says about the history. A helluva deal if it's legit.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  20. LudjakR1

I really appreciate the response you have provided sir. Wish most people were like you but then we wouldn't be in the society we are in :beer:. I will do that tomorrow or friday because i am curious as well and need to know what i am dealing with.

To the others. I do have deposit on the bike (non refundable) if i can hold bike for a few weeks for a someone.

Thanks