1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super C Funmover with Cat Diesel and Allison Transmission

Discussion in 'Other' started by Boman Forklift, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I've got a Super C like this I'm going to sell, but it is heavier duty on a semitruck Ford F750 chassis. Plus it is used so Broome probably won't want it.:D

I bought this to get Tyler from Road America to S. Cal back in 2013 when he was hurt. My insurance wouldn't cover the air ambulance, so I got the okay from my wife to buy this and get him home. I had been looking at them and this moved up the purchase date.

We wheeled him to the electric lift on back, and then brought him through the garage and onto the reclining sofa. Then drove him all the way across the country. I've kept it in case we were going to be on a team and because I always wanted this style. He is in college now and it will probably be a few years before I may use it again.

35xxx miles
    Cat turbo diesel
    Allison 6 speed transmission
    Exhaust engine brake option
    12.5K onan quiet diesel generator which was a $10K upgrade. Warmers for the entire team
    Custom slide out generator rack so you can easily service genset. $4K
    14 foot garage, which I think is really a few inches short of 14

SLEEP THE ENTIRE RACE TEAM
    4 beds in garage that fold up like you have in a toyhauler and are easily removed. Each will hold one or two people
    Large bed over cab sleeps two adults comfortably
    Dinette with bed conversion sleeps one adult or two kids
    Electric reclining sofa that sleeps 2 adults comfortably
    Viewing deck on top with rails and ladder from inside garage
    Sport package with Black/White checkerboard pattern
    Outside radio with speakers outside as well as in garage to hear last call broadcasts
    Upgraded leather front seats with air-ride suspension
    Upgraded to hydraulic levelers
    Electric canopy
    Slide out
    Two 50 gallon diesel tanks, one on each side

69K OBO

[​IMG]
    Electric reclining couch
    [​IMG]
    Dinette
    [​IMG]
    Kitchen
    [​IMG]
    Genset
    [​IMG]
    Bathroom and shower
    [​IMG]
    View from garage into living area
    [​IMG]
    4 beds in garage two per side
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  2. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Man, that's a cool rig. :beer:
    GLWS and to Tyler, what's he studying?

3. Boman Forklift

Originally he studied engineering, so he took Calculus 1 and 2, but was also studing economics. Transferring into a university, out of junior college, he decided to major in Finance. TCU has a pretty highly ranked business college. Eveidently a bunch of schools didn't offer finance undergrad degrees and that was what he wanted. He checked into a dual major of engineering and finance, but most things didn't overlap and it would take a bunch of extra time. He did find out with just a little effort, summer school and maybe 18 units vs. 12-14 units, be can also get an accounting degree at the same time, so that is his current plan.

I know part of the reason for this career choice, multiple succesful racers/sponsors/racer dads, he met at the track, were finance people/sales people. Plus he thought it would be interesting to learn about mergers/aquisistions, valuing businesses, buying selling stocks, etc.

He figured if he wanted to keep racing, he might need to make enough money to fund it himself.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  4. t11ravis

Truer words have never been spoken... at least on this board. :D
    TCU? Texas Christian?

5. Boman Forklift

Yes, Texas Christian University or as I call it Texas California University. I believe California kids are second to Texas at that school.

Fortunately he earned a pretty good scholarship there, by getting a 4.0 his freshman year, at the local junior college.

6. t11ravis

That's great man. You guys really seem to have it figured out. I'm really impressed that your family has made racing and college happen for Tyler.
    Not an easy task.

7. t11ravis

Sorry to jack your For Sale thread BTW...

8. Boman Forklift

No problem.

9. Boman Forklift

Here are some more pictures. I actually found the original invoice and with the upgrades and tax this was around 200K brand new. The water tanks are heated. I believe it is 76 gallons of fresh water on board and over 120Lbs of propane.

Back of RV with Class 5 tow hitch
    [​IMG]

With Electric Aluminum lift gate down. It is a little over 8 feet long.
    [​IMG]

View from back with Optional rooftop viewing area opened up.
    [​IMG]

Over 30 of these hooks that can slide all along floor on 3 different rails that run the length of the garage, which is a couple inches less than 14 feet long.

[​IMG]

Beds in garage are easily removed off these posts...no tools required.

[​IMG]

Still has all the warning labels.
    [​IMG]

View within rooftop area. This clicks up in less than a minute with no tools needed.
    [​IMG]

View from rooftop, down the stairs into the garage.
    [​IMG]

Here is a better picture of what the beds in the garage look like in different positions. I found this on the internet.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  10. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

bumping this up because i looked at it and very happy that tyler made a full recovery.

11. Boman Forklift

I took these pictures of the sticker cracks. I don't want anyone to come out and be disappointed. If you get a wrap, which I planned on doing, this would not be an issue. The first sticker is on the right side and the other 3 are from the left/drivers side.

If this sells on WERA, which is highly likely since I haven't advertised it anywhere else, I will donate 1% to WERA. The Bay Area Riders Forum is asking its members to do this, and it seems like a good idea to me. If we all start doing this, Mongo won't have to restart the other less desireable style of for-sale forums, we had previously.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  12. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Man this is just what I mentioned in the retirement thread few months ago. Me and my bikes, towing a Jeep behind, traveling North America. I did look at a Jayco Seneca recently but it was nearly double your asking price. Going to check my wallet right now............

13. Boman Forklift

SOLD

Thanks WERA

1% donation coming your way

14. Scott McKee

Scott McKee FZR crasher

Boy that took a while, poky ass buyer! ;)