NOT a Bombshell: Melandri Out at Aprilia

Discussion in 'General' started by tgold, Jul 8, 2015.

1. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Thank god. That was awful. Luckily for Laverty the only place to go is up!

3. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

Not surprised, shite results and a shite attitude. Go Michael!

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Wonder if Marco will end up elsewhere or call it quits at this point? He was still damn competitive in WSBK last year.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yamaha WSBK for 2016. Marco is like the clap.

6. bradd15

bradd15 Well-Known Member

Hope to see him in WSBK next year winning races again.

7. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Kinda glad Nicky didn't go for the Aprilia when he had the chance. Would have been a lot worse than the Honder. What's HE gonna do for next year?

8. caferace

caferace No.

Looking forward to Laguna WSBK in a couple of weeks as media. People *will* be talking.

-jim

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

Who was going to replace him?

10. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Michael Laverty.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Hopefully drink his g/f tequila and play with dirty bikes and flat track. He really doesn't have much more to do in GPs

12. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I would like to see some of the American "Heroes" of our sport do some MA wildcards. Nicky on an American Honda prepped SBK for Laguna as an example would be amazing. Or Colin on a R1.

That kinda thing would be pretty neat to me. I mean if Bayliss and Biaggi can do it in WSBK, for a race or two why can't the Americans (obviously for Nicky when he is not in GP).

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

How high of a regard do you think Honda/HRC hold Nicky at the moment. I mean Nicky is an incredible ambassador for the sport, but I'm just wondering how value they stake in him at the moment.

14. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^ unfortunately that is true, I was still hoping American Honda or whatever they call the branch in our neck of the woods these days don't have their heads as far up their own butts as HRC does when it comes to Nicky.

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

What ever happen to that guy?

I mean how do you go from finishing top 10 in MotoGP to this?

16. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I here ya. He has been brilliant for the USA and for Honda, and for the world also with his PR Skills etc, but sadly for his true fans I think his time has come now. To many young riders out there in Moto2 etc, and with the new rules for 2016? 2017? re teams running extra bikes, They will all be wanting younger riders for the future IMO

17. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Is Graves still doing a wildcard at Laguna?

18. caferace

caferace No.

Lemme check.

-jim

19. caferace

caferace No.

Nope.

-jim

20. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member