1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beasley Composites

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by FED34FIRE, Apr 6, 2014.

1. FED34FIRE

FED34FIRE Well-Known Member

Any one have experience with Ben Beasley? Received my order last week, utter junk. Stated he would replace completely. He made me hang around my house all day Thursday waiting for UPS to pick up and no one showed. Now he doesn't answer my emails. Any advise appreciated.:mad:

2. joec

joec brace yourself

tannermatic.com

3. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

I am very interested in this as I have been searching high and low for race fairings for my yzf750 and came across Beasley.

4. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

FED34FIRE,

I've used them in the past w/o issue. What was wrong with the bodywork, can you be more specific (did you get the works or std style)? I have to get another set here shortly for the same bike and am hoping this is an isolated incident.

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I just ordered something from them last month. It's "ok" quality but there is not my choice out there either.

6. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Sharkskinz!

7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

^ This...

8. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

Whelp, I guess I'm an idiot. I just assumed the brand name bodywork guys wouldn't support older bikes. Hitting up Sskins now. Thanks guys.

9. I had good luck in the past. I wouldn't blame Beasley for UPS not showing up. I know when I ship things it is completely out of my hands once UPS or USPS takes it. Maybe he was gone for the weekend and doesn't answer phones / emails outside of business hours. I would say give them a few business days and then if no answer, you might have a problem.

Not affiliated with Beasley at all just my 2 cents. Hope you get it all worked out. Airtech makes good stuff too.

10. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

I bought Sharkskinz last year for my FZR600 last year. Top notch. Beasley was about 1/2 the price. I knew the quality would not match Sharkskinz based on all the comments I've read about Sharkskinz and Beasley. I've heard nothing but decent things about Beasley. I just went with the Sharkskinz because I did not want to mess with prep and minor fitment issues. Sorry about your experience, I hope it works out.

11. bogganman

bogganman Well-Known Member

As a painter, I do a lot of work with composites .In my experience, the REALLY inexpensive glass is usually made out of polyester resin and Fibreglass matte or cloth.Very brittle and will not crash well- it will shatter.The better stuff is made with vinyl ester resin and glass weave (or cloth).Much more flexible and crash proof.It'll usually "grind down", not shatter.This is what sharkskinz uses.

12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

ive had Beasley,and now sharkskinz on my fzr. the Beasley was brittle and didn't crash well,and felt 3x the weight of the sharkskinz pieces I have now.the sharkskinz crashed waaaay better too.

13. bogganman

bogganman Well-Known Member

I've been working closely with a fiberglass guru for many years. He custom molds all my fairings. Actually used to be a supplier to sharkskinz. As far as quality, there is inexpensive old-school polyester resin(what you find in a "bondo" brand fiberglass kit at auto parts stores).Then vinyl-ester resins. Then epoxy resins. Epoxy resins are the best, but expensive and outgas terribly when catalyzed. Not used very much on race glass. Vinyl ester has 90% of the flex and liteweight properties of epoxy, without the high cost or hand lay-up production problems. It's usually used now in pre-preg and carbon fiber production, done in a vacuum. We've started this process with some of our TransAm parts.

14. FED34FIRE

Whats wrong with them? They arrived with pieces chipped off, brush bristles stuck in them. The sides don't line up, the edges are all irregular. The seems have grooves in them. One side is shorter than the other. It looks like the person who made them was drunk. It would take a ton of bondo to make them look somewhat decent. It isn't the first time I purchased race glass for a bike. They are utter garbage.

And know he is acting like I screwed him. I couldn't get in contact with him at all. Now he stating I am stuck with the bodywork all because I went on WERA BBS trying to find out what the deal is. What a bull shit artists. He had no intention of standing behind his product

I never slammed him on here, so because he is stating that I slammed him on the WERA board I am screwed.

So I'm out close to $800 and have nothing. My season is ruined.

Real good company. Yeah right,:mad:

15. FED34FIRE

He blatantly ignored my phone calls and emails. He only finally responded when I wrote WERA, and now he is changing his story that he is not refunding my money unless I pay for the shipping. He told me he didn't answer my emails or phone calls because he is swamped with work. A few weeks ago he told me business was hurting and slow. Well which one is it? He keeps changing his story. Now I am stuck because I tried to find out what was going on. so because I inquired about my order, I can no longer have my money back. What kind of policy is that?:mad:

16. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

AMEX is your friend, I always use mine they have handled issues like this 100% for me on multiple occasions... if the vendor does not take AMEX then I use another card or Paypal, ALL of these services have recourse for legit issues like you are haveing, you should use them. If they don't take a form of payment that has recourse or accountability on their part I won't buy from them.

IMO shipping is a small cost to get out of the problem!

17. FED34FIRE

18. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

How did you pay? I understand you are angry I would be the same. If he offered take pictures of it as received so he cannot claim shipping damage. Ship it back insured, this is not a big industry, his company shipped you poor quality product, I think he should cover shipping, as I said small sacrifice.... If you used a CC contest the charge.

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Post pictures of the bodywork here. Likely it will be taken more seriously than your comments or his.

20. FED34FIRE

Paid with my Credit Union Visa Debt Card. Case opened against him through VISA.