1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Money stolen at Tally

Discussion in 'General' started by chaplain, Apr 29, 2013.

1. chaplain

chaplain MRO pulpit jockey

To whomever took money and checks totaling about $350.00 out of my bag in the top level of the old tower, Thursday evening, this message is for you.

First of all the money was not mine. It belongs to a bible study group for whom I am leading a retreat this weekend in Myrtle Beach SC. The checks are made out to the retreat and I have alerted those who wrote the checks to contact their banks and report the theft. The cash obviously cannot be recovered.

Now, being the religious sort that I am, I do not look for revenge nor retribution. All I ask is that whomever took the money, if you still have it and have not discarded the checks, please send it back to me, anonymously, ASAP as we need the money this weekend to pay for our retreat. My mailing address is below.

There will be no questions asked. You can send it back without a return address. You can even drop it the post office of a nearby town so the cancellation stamp does not reflect where you live.

Theft does not only affect the person being victimized. In this case theft affected over a dozen people who now have to scramble to keep their money safe. It also affects these same people who have looked forward to a study retreat at the beach, celebrating the completion of 30 weeks of college level study.

Sermon over.

My address is Tim Burleson, 141 Bill Williamson Court, Lexington, SC 29073.

2. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

Tim - you should have told Emily, me or Eddie - we may have been able to find out a little more....Emily was worried about you because she said Sunday you did not speak at all when she saw you.....please don't take this type of thing on all by yourself - we are here for you just like you are there for us.

3. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Tim, very sorry to hear. You're a big support for those of us that endurance raced last weekend. Let us know if there's anything we can help with.

For those that stole from track members, or steal in general... UNCOOL (and a few other choice words we'll share in person someday) :down:

4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

That is seriously messed up...

5. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Word.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Messed up for sure.

On a positive note, at least we know Mongo didn't steal it though:Poke:

7. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

No doubt. Non of my Girl Scout cookies disappeared.

8. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

:crackup:

9. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

WTF is wrong with people? :mad: Sad part is this maybe someone that we all know. Sorry to hear this.

10. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

So sorry Tim. :( None of the folks I know would do something like this.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Check is in the mail. Hope whoever lifted the funds has a "change of heart", but if not, I'll send a little something to try to reduce the pain.

-Your friendly neighborhood atheist.

12. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Tim, Do you have a paypal account?

And I have an aliby for the whole weekend.

13. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

This has to be some some of twisted joke, right:confused:?

Good luck getting this resolved Tim.

14. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Shoot me an address, I can send $20 to help recoup some. Sorry this sort of thing happens. I hope karma gives payback to the thief. Thanks for all you do at WERA events. I'm not much of the religious type but I appreciate it.

15. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Can Pay Pal you a bit to help, shoot an email address my way.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm not religious at all...if you find out who it was I'll be glad to spend the time in jail for the beat down they deserve.

Paypal addy would be good to have...I got spare cash.

17. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

DIRT BAG:(

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

PayPal addy, please.

19. Fastway Racing

Fastway Racing Well-Known Member

I will buy the person a new set of tires of their choice for information leading to the apprehension of this individual. Let us in the race community bring this pos to "just us" instead of justice...

20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

As mentioned, please post a PayPal or mailing address. Would like to help recoup the loss.