1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not quite the Deal's Gap GP.....

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Oct 18, 2012.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2. drop

drop Well-Known Member

That is deals gap and because of that wreck a great friend.of mine jeff duckworth is in icu. The fluids from that wreck caused him to lowside and go off side.of mountain. Jeff broke his neck, back, lacerated liver, failed kidneys, knocked 4 teeth out and sliced his lip. He has major skull factures. He will have.reconstruction surgery later.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Damn, sorry to hear about your friend. Keep the damn eyes on the road instead of the cameraman on a friggin blind corner.

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

nice air.

5. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Ya that cruiser guy was a fckn idiot

6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I think I'd have to cite the photog as a contributing factor in both those accidents.

And where's the foot in mouth smiley when needed?

7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I don't see photog as any different than a pretty girl, apple cider stand, or a squirrel. Pilots have to pilot first.

8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Sorry to hear about Jeff. Someone not involved with the dumbness has to pay a big price. That's why I avoid places like that during cruiser season...way too much dumb.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Like this guy that sits at the Snake on Mulholland Blvd tempting guys to try and drag knee around a corner with a nice metal guardrail on the outside?

http://www.youtube.com/user/rnickeymouse/videos?view=0

10. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Damn.

Same fella as here?

Did he crash twice there in two years?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Crap, I remember reading when that happened last year. That is REALLY horrible if that happened as a result of that dumb shit.

12. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Photographers have ruined that place.

Well, that and Flatlanders that think on-ramps are curves.

13. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

I think a lack of skill and attention had a lot more to do with that crash than a photographer. I felt worse for the guy in the vette who was just minding his own business when a 300 pound man in chaps come across the double yellow and f 's up his car.

14. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

I dunno. It's ruined for sure, but i think it's hard to say that any one thing ruined it. Photographers are there because people are interested in it, but that's always been the case. The internet has made it easy for people to see the photographs that they could not (easily) see 20 years ago, so that feeds into it. The advent of cheap video recorders also fed the frenzy. How many things have contributed to it being ruined?

As far as the photographer having anything to do with this poor bastard crashing into the Vette, i'm calling bullshit, without question. I don't care if there is someone on the roadside deliberately trying to distract you. What if you're a bird watcher & you see a yellow bellied sap sucker on the guardrail? It's your responsibility as a a rider to stay focused just as much as it is to not drive impaired or drunk. Saying that the photographer had ANYTHING to do with is is like saying Jim Beam himself made you crash with a 1.2 blood alcohol level. That guy crashed because of a poor choice. He chose to turn his attention away from the road & proceed to increase his risk by removing a hand off the bars right before a blind turn. Think that photographer made him do all that? Or even 1% of that?
    If i crashed a few seconds after hamming it up for he camera, i wouldn't even dream of trying to pin ANY percentage of that crash on a photographer.Same goes for the guy on Mullholland taking pics of guys piling. I would hope anyone here would feel the same way. Take responsibility of your actions as a rider.

15. GA_SVS

GA_SVS Define "normal"

The only thing that rider needed more than his target fixation and rear brake was

[​IMG]

...or maybe he shoulda "laid er down"

16. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Ya that was on a motard.

Dont blame the photog for lack of rider skill. People think since the have watched a video and can ride their 900 mammoth of flat straight roads that they can navigate the gap while doing dumbshit for the camera. Its no ones fault except the hog that was riding a hog.

17. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Here is a copy and paste of my reply to someone on one of our local forums, basically asking about the possibility of the photographers partial responsibility in this.......

Let me state this as firmly as I possibly can! The photographers on the side of the road are NOT TO BLAME in any possible way. The responsibility of safe riding lies in the hands of the rider him/herself. If a rider is not capable of riding a motorcycle without total focus on the job at hand, then maybe he/she should consider doing something else for a hobby. It's the rider's responsibility to give 100% of their attention, 100% of the time to doing what they need to do to ride safely and responsibly. Having said that, there are certainly instances where someone else causes a rider to have an accident because of their actions. In this case, the rider that was being photographed, was totally irresponsible in his actions of being more interested in getting his picture taken than the job at hand....negotiating the upcoming turn. I sincerely hope that he is not hurt too badly, but hopefully he does realize that his actions that day had a trickle down effect of causing a very serious injury to another rider.

18. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Guy on the bike is an effing tool. Glad he wasn't taking the misses for a ride...

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I would not bet on a jury agreeing with you if this ends up in a courtroom, not with the way our system works. Just sayin'.

20. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Isn't the speed limit down there mostly 35mph ??? Been years since I was there and was only there once . Because the place is a death trap with way to many idiots on a daily basis

Blaming the photographer is complete stupidity . Blaming that idiot for hitting a vet causing another crash is almost as bad , its a public road crashes happen all the time one never knows what you're gunna find on the pavement from the day before , the week before , minutes before .

Sorry your buddy got hurt and it sucks BUT his crash is no more this guys fault then this crash being the camera man's fault ...... If its this guys responsibly to ride safe and not crash at the gap then its everyone else's to