1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is with the squids...

Discussion in 'General' started by RCjohn, Jul 2, 2012.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

... wearing back protectors over t-shirts and riding around like that?

T-shirts, sneakers and no gloves but I have a back protector like racers wear. WTF moron?

2. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Going crazy from the heat. That is very common nowadays in South Florida.

3. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

My neighborhood is right next to a twisty road that joins up to the Natchez Trace Parkway. I regularly see guys dressed like this, but with shorts. :D

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Nope, they don't get the heat pass. I've seen it at night here when it's just not that hot.

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Hey, at least they are wearing gear! Or so I have been told.....
    :D
    Its hot again so I am squidding out the door with my helmet, shorts, tshirt and runners.

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Don't forget the back protector... duh! :rolleyes:

7. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

What is with people wearing only some safety gear, and not all the safety I think they should be wearing in a manner I think they should be wearing it?

:Poke: :D

I stopped trying to understand stupid a long time ago. I'm talking about squids and such, not anybody here, unless you're a squid.

8. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

What is it with people worrying about what other riders wear? Man wants to wear flip flops and a back protector? Rock on, not my hide.

9. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

I'm sure every single member would deny it till the end, but seems like a lot of street (more-so club) riders are fashionistas! Style is more important than safety. Rep that paper thin leather vest and/or back protector with no shirt for style points while sliding down the freeway.

10. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Except in some cases, or I should say most of the time, these guys don't have med. insurance, so we, the tax payers get to foot their bill. So, ride like ya want, just don't do it on my dime.

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

He has a severe desire to be a teenage mutant ninja turtle.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

They saw it in a hip-hop video once.

13. Its just skin pussies. It only hurts a little and grows back quick enough with minimal scarring. Your spine needs protection.

Boots, shorts, t-shirts, chest/back protector, some kangaroo gloves and an arai helmet. Seems fine to me. Pack the flip flops in a back pack and roll down the freeway doing standies. Its just skin

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I'm waiting for the one glove trend to start. :p

15. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Let's just see how well that back protector works without being cover by a jacket. ;)

16. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I remember seeing lots of people in compression suits a few years ago. Nothing else on top. Just netting a pads that'll rip to shreads north of 15 mph. That seems dumb to me. However, wearing my Teva's on the scooter so I can feel the wind between my toes is nearly required. :crackup:

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hey skin grafts can be dealt with but being paralized is a searious stuff. :D

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

One of the guys who sometimes rides with us has that get up now. We were downtown one eve when this random babe comes up to him and says, "Cool! Are you playing laser tag?" It was an EPIC moment.

19. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

Saw a guy on a sportbike last night with leather jacket, helmet & shorts. :confused:

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:crackup: