1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this legal?

Discussion in 'General' started by D Cantrell, May 27, 2012.

1. D Cantrell

D Cantrell Well-Known Member

I saw this while driving on the interstate and it made me sick! This little guy's arms were stretched as far he could just to hold onto the riders jacket. His head was pinned to the right, because he didn't have enough reach to allow him to straighten it.

I am really looking forward to riding with my son (now 4 yrs old), but it will not be like this!!! I hate to sound ignorant, but is this even legal?

Attached Files:

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Some people shouldn't be allowed to reproduce...

3. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

This ^^^^..:mad:

4. D Cantrell

I know that kids this age traveling in a car have to be restrained in a car seat. Is there a law regarding kids on motorcycles?

5. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Sidecar.

6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Several years ago a man was riding a motorbike with his small son on the back. He swerved to miss a car that pulled out partially in his lane. He missed the car but the kid was thrown off the bike and his mother following behind them in her car ran over her own child. Imagine that before you put a small child on the back of a bike.

There is a company that makes a harness to strap a small child to the rider but if you gotta do that the kid shouldn't be on the back.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It doesn't appear to be illegal. That doesn't make it a good idea.

8. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

In NC the law states the feet must reach the passenger pegs.

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

The kid is loving it. As long as dad isn't riding like a douche, who cares?

10. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Id be more concerned about drivers taking pictures while at speed on the interstate...

11. joec

joec brace yourself

you got a pic of dave k riding bitch!

12. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Unless I'm looking at it wrong, that helmet doesn't exactly seem like a good fit on the child.

13. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

IMHO, to many things can go wrong. Just not worth it, no matter if the kid is having fun or not.

14. D Cantrell

:moon::moon::moon:
    Really??? The picture was taken by my wife....from the passangers seat.:moon:

15. D Cantrell

His feet were on the pegs...

16. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Certainly doesn't appear to be a good idea to have someone that small on back.

17. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

Hell, I didn't know a Ninja 250 would do interstate speeds!

18. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

fair enough then...looked like it was down the left side of the hood.. :up:

19. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Interstate with an ill-fitting helmet, no other protective gear whatsoever and clinging on for dear life?

Probably not the smartest thing to be doing. Laws vary by state, but on average there's all sorts of stuff that could happen to the operator if it went wrong. That said, there are states that don't require a helmet to ride a motorcycle and I think that's the stupidest 'exercise of freedom' yet. But I digress...

I could see going around the block, giving the kid a taste. But what's happening there is just plain dumb.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  20. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Part of me thinks this is a bad idea, but then again some of my earliest (and best) memories are sitting in front of my dad holding on to the bars riding around on his Honda. :)