AMA's Safety Bike- on Flea bay

Discussion in 'General' started by TannerGriff1222, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Did a quick search and didn't see anything on this. Anywhere. Would be a cool bike to add to the collection. Help buy some air fence too. I probably missed a thread or a press release somewhere, but whatever.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-Buell-1125r-AMA-Pro-Racing-Safety-bike-Track-Race-/160679663096?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item25694115f8

2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

AMA has their own Air Fence fund?

3. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Does it come with a working engine? Cause you know those things pop after like 5 laps :Poke:

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'll take the chick with the footy tattoo and they can keep the Harley.

5. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

It's where the fines go to I think...

6. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Strong seller feedback too :confused:

7. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

gotta start somewhere

8. RacerRuss

RacerRuss Well-Known Member

I think WERA should buy it so we could have some of those sweet rolling starts.

9. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

No they don't. For some reason in this case they seem to be having trouble acknowledging that fact that every piece of Airfence they have was paid for by the Roadracing World Action Fund. There is no AMA Pro fund. Also worth noting that they had earlier said they were going to sell the fleet of bikes and send the money to RWAF to buy more Airfence sections for use at AMA Pro events. Then they said they were going to sell the bikes and keep the money because they needed it. Now they've unilaterally come up with this. Interesting.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, they pay for fuel for the truck to haul it, isn't that helping out the fund when this money goes to the overall bottom line? :D

11. John29

Yeah, and to be fair, these guys have embraced rider safety like none of the old regimes did, for example deploying Airfence at every AMA Pro dirt track instead of just a handful. They also take far better care of the stuff than previous regimes. On the other hand, they haven't had to pay for the 120 30-foot sections they have for road racing and dirt track, and we send them new ones as needed, FOC. And would it really hurt to A. Get the name of the source of the Airfence they have right; and B. Either do what they said they were gonna do in the first place, or not make promises they aren't sure they can keep?

Just sayin'.

12. When I saw the ebay listing, i did a search here and then went straight to RRW. Figured if AMA was raising money for AFF, that it would have been there.

13. worthless

What about this claim in the ad
    "The first of our Buell’s that was auctioned off in our 2011 race series made it possible for us to purchase 2 more pieces of air fence."
    Please tell me that's true that they sent enough $ to the RWAF to purchase 2 more sections.

14. John29

Not exactly, but they did donate the bike for a raffle (not an auction) that a dirt track team ran, and the team did send in the money.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=46419

15. worthless

The ad has been updated.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Anyone surprised?

:crackup:

I love me some JU phone melting, even when it's directed at me it makes me laugh.

17. worthless

Happy to see credit given where credit is due.

18. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Someone in Daytona needs a tissue.

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Bet that was not a call the person really enjoyed....:)

Oh and $8500....??? Only worth that IF Every Cent goes to RRWAF

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  20. John29

I called no one. I let the BBS do my work for me! Apparently, they're paying attention!