1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rollie Free

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Mar 21, 2011.

1. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollie_Free

Was told after being flagged-down by an official after the ESS race at Roebling that in no ucertain terms that "Rollies" will not be allowed at any WERA event. During practice it was discovered that an extra 500 rpm could be gained on the long front straight "in the Rollie" on the underpowered 250. Should innovation be blocked by uptight officials? What if Eddie Lawson had been banned from dragging a knee? ...and Rossi's extended-leg?

Attached Files:

2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

3. Bourgeois

Bourgeois Shortbus Captain

Whatever little extra you gain from doing a Rollie you'll just lose getting in and out of position.

4. 418

418 Expert #59

Speaking of knees, sounds like you might want to work on that knee slider before that extra 500rpm you think you need.

Pardon my lack of sense of humor but I think they should have parked your ass for the weekend for fucking off like that.

5. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

6. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

there goes the safety that is associated with ninjette racing

7. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

I thought I saw that Sunday,but I wasn't sure

8. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

Is that a CRF250F canister for an exhaust?

9. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

A true Rollie woulda seen ya stripped down to your undies.
    DAMOTM for sure.

10. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have been able to stop laughing if I saw that. How the hell did your buddy hold the camera steady?

11. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

maybe just add a front fender to your bike...;)

12. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

That's hilarious.

13. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I saw it and said WTF, then started laughing. Figured you would get an ass chewing for it.

14. 650 RACER

650 RACER Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA you rolled down your front straight like that for an extra 500 rpm? Hahaha I didnt even know shit could get that awesome!

15. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

:stupid: I thought I was going crazy, I just caught a glimpse. That's some dumb shit right there.

16. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Watching the guy in the white leathers do his remount going in to turn one was interesting. I award you a point for thinking outside the box. I award you no points for execution, the remount wasn't what you'd call....uh, graceful. :D Officials looked pissed. I figured you guys would get an earful after the race!

17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I doubt you'd get away with that crap even at an AHRMA race!

18. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS! It was totally worth the chewing-out, and all the indignant bullshit that the haters will throw at you.

That was a classic move. Next time, wear tear-away stripper leathers so you can get down to your skivvies!

My eyes are watering I'm laughing so hard.

19. caferace

caferace No.

Amusing, if a bit whacked...

off-topic, but why would you put '86-'87 first gen Ninja 250 16" wheels on a second gen ('88-'08) Ninjette? Weight? Did you run the 86-87 forks as well? I seem to remember they were even skinnier...

-jim

20. joec

joec brace yourself

thats funny. you guys are nuts.