1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Bull Tire Tree

Discussion in 'General' started by CharlieV, Dec 3, 2010.

1. CharlieV

CharlieV New Member

(Re-posted from Classified Section)
    For those who do not know, the Pit Bull Tire Tree was definitely copied by Charlie Hon's company (Powerstands, PSR, POS or whatever it is today). Their original ad had a photo of our product painted in their colors. I recognized it as sure as a DNA match. We have already spent a ridiculous amount on patent protection and legal fees. Charlie Hon responded to our Cease and Desist letter by challenging us to take him to court knowing this would cost 10 times more than we had already spent. Instead, we have chosen to spend our resources developing the best American-made products possible. We thank all of the racing community that chooses Pit Bull products over the Chinese knock-offs.

2. CharlieV

CharlieV New Member

Special note to Charlie Hon: Kiss my Ass!

3. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

:crackup:

4. 6_Myles

6_Myles Well-Known Member

The only thing that has remained constant with all my bike sales/purchases are my pitbull products.

Keep on making the good stuff!

PS - Knock-offs suck!

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How about using the power of the Internet to get back at him? A YouTube video explaining how he copied your products, a Facebook campaign, press releases on popular websites, etc.

6. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

So much for Charlie being shy...

Take it in the ass PSR!

7. Jason@STG

Jason@STG Active Member

it cracks me up every time i see that knock off shit in the catalogs. who would really lower their standards and order that rip off crap?

USA made Pit Bull FTW!

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Anyone in the pits with any powerstands or PSR crap should be punched in the face. :beer:

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Pit Bull Rocks!!!!!!! Those that copy can suck it! And BTW, GPR Should take them to court... I know the knobs are different but the mounts apear to be GPR's as well...

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Absolutely priceless .. I love it. Charlie speaks!

:beer:

11. Jason@STG

Jason@STG Active Member

12. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

The RoadRacingWorld article covered that in their article(I believe) July of last year. It was a total rip-off too; just like he ripped off Moto-R, Gilles, CRG,...the list could go on but I only have so much time.

13. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

PitBull-FTW!

14. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I would love the see Charlie Hon come here and try to defend his position. Not for the drama, but just to see what goes through the mind of someone openly stealing designs and profiting from it.

It's a shame patent law is so difficult to deal with.

15. earacing

earacing Race Dad

PSR has been debated here before. I for one will stay away from them.

16. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I'm curious about how far into this you dug. Patent law has some weird jurisdictional rules - where would this be tried if you pursued it?

Find yourself a lawyer willing to trade "pro bono" work for a couple stands and some hot laps and that sweet BMW of yours... :D

17. Chip

Chip Registered

Hi Charlie....:D

18. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

There will never be a PSR product in my garage. Pit Bull all the way!

19. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Jeebus... he even stole your first name!

PSR = shit. Always has been, nothing will change. You would think that by ripping stuff off they would be able to maybe make an improvement or something on some products but instead they take a perfectly good product and make it bad.

20. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

everything on their site is a copy...