1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karl Duffner RIP

Discussion in 'General' started by RubberChicken, Nov 26, 2010.

1. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I got news today that Karl Duffner of eastern PA passed away on Thanksgiving Day, at the age of 70, after a long bout with pancreatic cancer. Karl was widely known for his immaculate vintage motorcycles which he frequently rode across the US to various events, where he would then proceed to WIN the classic bike judging contests, then ride hundreds of miles home.

Karl often wore black leathers with a white skeleton stitched on the front. His 1951 BMW R51/3, his all-original 1964 HD Sportster and his 1960 BSA Gold Star were frequently seen at local biker gathering spots.

In January of this year, Karl ordered this rather unique headstone for himself and his family.

[​IMG]

You'll be greatly missed, my friend. You always brought good cheer and a hearty love of motorcycling at its most elemental. May all your roads be gnarly, and every kickstarter kick back ferociously. I know you would have it no other way.

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Karl was one of the most hardcore riders I ever had the pleasure of talking with; he was the definition of 'motorcyclist', and good, good people. I'll miss seeing him at the usual hangouts.

Rest in Peace, Friend.

3. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

Didnt know him But RIP..tHATS one BAD ASS headstone..

4. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I met him but can't place where... RIP

5. Roger Lyle

Roger Lyle Well-Known Member

Rest In Peace, Karl. Nice tombstone!:up:

6. GoldStarRon

GoldStarRon Well-Known Member

I met Karl in Daytona a couple of times.. can't miss his unique Gold Star... Gosh he looked and acted a lot younger...

R.I.P.

Ron

7. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Rip.....beautiful head stone.

8. JVE

JVE New Member

I met Karl in the early 70's, attended various events with him and did a good bit of work for him on his projects as they evolved over the years. From that early meeting to the end he remained unwaveringly, the same happy, energetic, caring and loyal person who stuck to his projects, friends and adversities. karl, of his own accord, would never show up at my shop without first stopping a few miles away to pick up a couple strawberry milkshakes, tape the hell out of the lids and bring them along in his saddlebags or pockets for the work discussion time...silly sounding but a great memory for me and I think a good example of his attitude towards life and his ability to get the most out of every mile, and there were a lot of miles. He'll be missed by many.