1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dyson Vacuum deal @ Target

Discussion in 'General' started by Suburbanrancher, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I'm not usually one to post about home goods/coupons, but this deal is ridiculous and thought some folks here might be able to use it.

Target online is taking 40% off Dyson vacuum cleaners with a coupon code, and another 10% off for orders over $100 along with free shipping.

In other words, you can get a top of the line Dyson vacuum for 1/2 price and free shipping. These vacuums are worth their weight in gold :up:

Code for the WERA peeps: TGDYSN40

Supposed to be good until 11/01. I just saved a cool two hundred fiddy on one :beer:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  2. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

And you were making fun of me with my 1980's actress preferences you big Sally? :crackup:

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

sounds like a good deal, but usually they are not that highly rated by consumer reports.

4. Apparently so. A couple of months ago, my wife went to the local Bed Bath Beyond store. While she was there a group of men walked in, grabbed all the Dyson vacs the store had, walked right past the clerks out the front door, leisurely placed the vacs into the back of a SUV, and slowly drove off, in plain view of dozens of people.

I don't think they were ever caught.

5. Suburbanrancher

:crackup:

Dits, it took me years to build up the justification for spending what I did on my first Dyson - but I've had a DC17 for three years now, and like other good things it'll suck a golf ball through a garden hose, chrome off a bumper, etc etc :D It's the Best Vacuum Evaaaar!!!

I'm telling ya, this deal is gold.....GOLD!

6. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

The gay is strong in this thread.

Now where is Cannoli with tonights menu.

7. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Nttawwt

:d

8. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

I'm with the Suburbanrancher on this, best vacuum ever. Have a pet, then you need a Dyson.

2Fer, you brought up the gay... so you must be the gay one (NTTAWWT) kinda like who smelt it dealt it.

9. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Sir. The wife has been wanting a new vac for a while now, and this may be too good to pass up. Thinking about the DC28, but can't really figure out what the advantage is over the DC17 that you have. I guess I'll go down to the store and take a look. I know, super ghey.

10. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

The code lets you come out way ahead, but Target has them marked up about $100 over Home Depot.

11. Suburbanrancher

Glad I could help :up:

The DC17 is the most powerful vacuum I've ever owned, which is both good and bad. Good, because it was designed to clean thick carpeting and will pick up anything from anywhere - it's amazing the pet hair and dirt it pulls up from carpet you think looks perfectly clean. The only downside of the DC17 is that it's so strong it can actually pull fibers up from tightly-wound carpeting (like indoor/outdoor type with fine matting), so you have to be careful where you use it. I don't know about the DC28, but it may be more suitable for a wider range of floor types.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Cool. I just let my mom know about this. She has one and is now buying all the kids one for Christmas.

13. Sixx22

Sixx22 Well-Known Member

Score!! Thanks.
    Christmas shopping for the wife is now done!

14. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Guess you never had a shop vac. :)

15. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

My Dyson is WAY stronger than my shop vac. I actually end up using the dyson to do shop vac duty sometimes because it works so much better.

I agree with the above posters, if you have pets (I have 2 Shiba Inus which shed constantly), the Dyson is the greatest investment you can make in your sanity. I have the DC17, but had the DC 7 (I think, the base model, whatever that is) before and they both work brilliantly (but the DC17 is a bit better for sure).

However, that fan thing they came out with is dumb as hell.

16. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Sweet! I've never been done Christmas shopping for the wife this early...gawd I hope she doesn't see this.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow. Done. Thanks!

18. SPATT

SPATT In a gravel pit near you

hope your wife takes that better than my gf would. It would be a cold christmas night...

19. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

Just don't let the 'bag-less chamber' fill all the way up. If they do the cyclones get clogged and the whole thing goes to hell.... I have heard Dyson will send you a new one, but I found out after I spent 2 hours with a garden hose flushing it out

20. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

BTW, I couldn't resist. I just bought a DC25, been wanting one of those for a while. Guess the DC17 is heading to Craigslist...