1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monticello Monday Sucked!!!

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by boccarp, Oct 11, 2010.

1. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

:Puke:That was complete bullshit! Way over sold the event. People with no business being in the Advanced group jumping in and crashing their brains out. All day long I got 12 laps for $175. Bullshit!!! Very poorly run. Definately the worst track day I have ever attended in the last 10 years!:Puke::Puke::Puke::Puke:

2. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

If you don't mind saying who did you ride with??

3. erick1670

erick1670 Chapin

sorry to hear that man, but I most agreed with you on that.

I did Monti last month and it was full also and I rode in Intermediet group b/c I dint know the track, so I dint want to put pressure on my self, and that day every body rode nice, there were a crash in every session except the first one....

4. Nafterclifen

Nafterclifen Well-Known Member

The full track is 4 miles long and can easily support 40 riders. How many riders were in each group?

5. 1/4milecrazy

1/4milecrazy Member

Yeah, but when you have 25 people that dont belong in advanced they all seem to get bunched up. I was in Int. and decided to move myself down into novice. All of the guys in my group of friends were all in adv. and were getting extrememly mad, a few of them actually went out with the Int. group and had a lot more fun.

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

And this is why you don't let people determine for themselves when they think they're ready to ride in the 'A' group without question.

Been there, done that. In 2010, riders need to be properly screened before they're cleared to ride with other 'advanced' riders - otherwise you're asking for mayhem.

7. Lifeon2-ODB

Lifeon2-ODB Well-Known Member

I hear ya............My friend is a control rider with TPM and he said there were guys crashing all over the place,not agood day.................

8. GIXXERMO600

GIXXERMO600 Well-Known Member

on top of your mentioned concerns, it sounds like too many guys in the A group were riding way over their ability; granted they should have been pushed down a level.

9. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

I counted over 60 riders in the A group. I went out first and by the time I made it around the track I was into a large group of seriously slower riders by the third turn. It was caos. Of course I didn't really need to get to get to pissed off because every session I was in was red flagged by the third lap anyway. I don't even mind riding with the less experienced guys except most of thses guys would change their lines twice in a corner. Just not a good day.....

10. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

Don't think this was a TPM day, though?

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

look like a STT

12. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

It was not.

13. greytuono

greytuono Active Member

Hmmm... I'm glad I sold my spot. Sounds like a frustrating day.

14. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

im glad i didnt end up going..:wow:

15. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

This was an STT day.

I am sorry that the quality of the day was not up to your expectations.

Last year I attended this same event and it was a very, very good day. What a difference a year can make. I will be speaking with our event director in more detail later today.

Thank you for voicing your concerns.

16. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

This is why I got into racing last year. Better track time and safer than most track days :Poke:

17. soon2bsleeved

soon2bsleeved Active Member

Monday did suck

I booked with STT rode with INT (for the 1st time).. Every single session someone crashed. except for the last..

People crash..its the nature of the beast.. but, when the field is packed and no one is in control ("control riders") it's a recipe for disaster..

just my 2 cents..

18. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

overbooked? noooooo! never! :rolleyes:

19. bmfgsxr

bmfgsxr Well-Known Member

i posted my concerns on a couple of forums about yesterday already including the stt forum. http://www.sttforum.com/sttforum/vie...?p=58591#58591

everything you said bob, i have also already said, and many others are in complete agreement. it was by far the worst track event ive ever been to.

and at a quick guess id say 60 riders in advanced if not closer to 70! and easily 30 who have no business being in that group. and i also calculated about 12 clean laps on the day. one of the guys i was riding with clocked 75 miles/4.1 mile track is 18 laps. and you cant count the morning warm up laps because 3 of the 4 sessions were stopped either on the first, or second lap.

20. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I bought another guys advanced spot. I think we got 1 full session in the morning, the rest were redflagged 1-3 laps in. The 1 morning session that went the full time had probably 8 bikes off in various corners, some riders were trying to pick up their bikes instead of getting behind the wall.
    The afternoon had red flag stops but we got more time than the morning. The pit in/pit out strategy sounded good in theory but people were clogging the road recapping their session.
    60 bikes per session is way too many. Pit road looked like a parade.
    I overheard guys saying they had the option to move up to advanced. It was obvious from the riding that several should have not been in the that group. Rider's shouldn't be allowed to self classify.
    Dave ran a good riders meeting but the day did not stick to the time schedule they said they would. I understand the red flags screwed it up but it never got back on track and there were several times when we were lined up on pit road for 20 minutes, good thing it wasn't hot out.
    The track is awesome, if it was limited to fewer bikes with riders classified in the right group it would be better.