1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird things that happened to you on the track

Discussion in 'General' started by High Side, Aug 23, 2010.

1. High Side

High Side When you see God....brake

Just got back from Tally. Had a great time and no rain. It was good to see some friends and meet some new ones. But something happened to me this weekend on the track that I never really thought about it and it scared the hell out of me.

As I was entering turn 3, something unusual was happening. For some odd reason I had to sneeze. I thought to myself, what in the hell do I do? Before I could think my body was already putting me into the turn. About halfway through the turn, I let it loose. I am thankful no one was behind or next to me at the time because when I sneezed, reflexes made me stand the bike up a bit and grab some brake. Rode the bike around the track back to pit row and into the pits where there wasn’t enough paper towels to clean the inside of my helmet off. Thankfully all this happened during morning practice and not during a race.

I was just wondering if anyone else had something of the unexplained of this nature happened to them on the track, or was it just a complete freak of nature. I never thought about what I would do if this would ever to happen.

2. milroyjr

milroyjr Flatlander

At Blackhawk Farms a long long time ago I had a bee go through an air vent on the front of my helmet and its guts end up in one of my eyes. I took the checkered flag 2 or 3 laps later with one eye closed. Luckely the stinger wasn't in the mess that ended up in my eye!

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Going into the gravity cavity I hurled. Not a little dry heave. Not a small mouthful of breakfast. I'm talking power hurl that covered the face shield, covered the bike and leathers. It even got into my boots . . .

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This thread is already disgusting. Where is Matt Lynn? :D

5. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

EEKS!

6. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

I had to fart once…lolo No seriously, I’ve caught a cramp in my left leg while leaned over in the long left at T-bolt (hurt like hell) after the straight and going into T1 I tried to stretch/straighten my leg…kinds looked liked Rossi :D luckily it worked.

7. High Side

High Side When you see God....brake

Well, I am glad that I just had to sneeze and nothing more.

8. I had a bee fly under the chin bar and inside my helmet... he was still alive. Luckily, I opened my face shield and he flew out without stinging me.

9. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

I do know hot wings and race tracks don't mix...

10. I almost did that at a 105 F race day at Barber. I puked a little in my mouth on the last lap but was able to swallow it and finish the race.:Puke:

11. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

never trust a fart.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

........still waiting for the brave soul to admit they took a dump down the leg of their suit.

13. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Damn! You win. Thread over.

I've sneezed, got bugs in the helmet, had a bird smack me in the visor and I've farted a lot.

One time, I went really fast. That was REALLY weird. :p

14. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Where is Kris87 :D

15. Chumbucket

I managed to avoid that fate, but just barely, but it is pretty amazing how leathers can shrink two sizes when you are trying to get out of the damned things in a porta-john at Road Atlanta with an inside air temp of 1,000 degrees Kelvin...

16. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Quit telling lies :D

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Part of my pre-track-going ritual is to take a massive dump late the night before, or before I pack up and head out the morning of.

No need to deal with that kind of drama, especially when my minds racing as it is....

18. Chumbucket

Pasta rules...Pasta and Gatorade...I do have a soft spot for wings though...

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Powerbars, orange gatorade and heat are the perfect mix. . .

perfect mix if you want to cramp up and then pass a brick a few days later.