1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirelli Diablo Superbike PRO Slicks.....

Discussion in 'Tech' started by XFBO, Jul 27, 2010.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Anyone try them?

Thoughts?

Just for clarification in case no ones heard of them before (cuz I didn't), these are a trackday specific slick tire set.

I just used one on the rear over the w/e and walked away impressed with them.....2 days and the wear looks fantastic so far.

2. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

I have used and sold quite a few of them.

I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. Additionally, even though they (Pirelli) is/did release them as a trackday tire, that really isn't the case. They are a great race tire for specific customers and/or situations. They are a great value too!!

3. grubb

grubb Well-Known Member

I have had them on my 06 gsxr 1000 for an open trackday (300 miles) and two regular track days, Have flipped the rear once, about to flip it again. Upper A group. Wear indicators are only half worn. Bt003 rears only last me two days if I flip them.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

After speaking with Rich from Pirelli at NJMP, I'd have to say no it's not the same. Unlike the Diablo SC's, these tires dont 'require' warmers and they dont come in various compounds. I think the only thing it shares is the belt construction and profile.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Those are the Supercorsa SP's

The street/track version that comes on the 675 I think, not the DOT race tire.

7. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

I also ran just the rear this past w/end, but as I was Coaching/CR'ing in the Intermediate group, I never got the chance to actually push them very hard.

Given that, I was still impressed with the wear and I expect it to be a very good track day tire.

I want to see what the front tire is like as I have heard that it might not be as angular as either the Diablo SuperCorsa or Superbike slick.

Anyone know for sure?

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

My bad, I don't know if there related. I know each time i tried to compare it to the DC3's...he'd say noooo they're not related too any street tire. :)

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I have no definative proof on that, actually I think it was something someone said on here

Superbike Pro Slicks = Supercorsa SP rubber compound.

As I understand it Supercorsa SP's are kinda like Bridgestone Bt-003 Racing Street.

So figure they would categorize like this from racier to not racier

Diablo Superbike Slicks
    Diablo Supercorsa
    Diablo Superbike PRO Slicks
    Diablo Rosso Corsa

10. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

I think the trackday slicks are the same compound as Pirelli's other trackday tire, the Dragon Supercorsa Trackday Pro. That tire is on the Dragon carcass, but with the trackday compound that warms up quickly, lasts a long time, and doesn't require warmers. It's a different compound than the Diablo Supercorsa SP. What exactly the difference is, since both are recommended for trackdays and don't need warmers, I don't know. Except the Dragons are a lot cheaper. The price of the slicks falls in between those two.

11. gixxerlvr

gixxerlvr Shoot, Move, Communicate

I really like these tires. I used them out here at Willow Springs, and even in the extreme heat, these things have excellent grip.

12. tf1075

tf1075 Well-Known Member

how much are these selling for?

13. hemiths

hemiths Well-Known Member

+1

Also, where to purchase...

14. tf1075

tf1075 Well-Known Member

someone

15. grubb

grubb Well-Known Member

They cost me 385.00 cash out the door at an afm race weekend, out here on the west coast. I think they run around 385.00 + tax. As for where google.

16. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

$385 is correct. All of the race tire vendors either have them in stock or at least have them available to them. I will say they have been a very good addition to our line of race tires!:up:

17. iuhutch

iuhutch Member

I am finding conflicting pictures/info regarding these tires. Can someone inform me if the trackday pro slicks have a red strip on the side center of the tire or ones that do not. OnTheThrottle youtube review does not have this strip but most sites that claim to sell them do.

18. grubb

grubb Well-Known Member

they have (pro) written in red on one side in one spot. On the center of the tread when brand new there is a line all the way around.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  19. iuhutch

iuhutch Member

Excellent, thanks all...I am going to give these a shot!

20. iuhutch

iuhutch Member

Tried to order a set of these today but the 180s don't seem to be available at the moment. Anyone know of a seller that cares the 120/180 set?