1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is certainly not flattering of the Spies crew

Discussion in 'General' started by povol, May 28, 2010.

1. povol

povol Well-Known Member

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Strange indeed ..

3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

he could easily be lying about not knowing, or his mother could have lied to him about transferring majority ownership into his name when he turned 18.

When you were 18, would you have known how such a transaction was properly completed? Wouldn't you have trusted your mother if she said she was taking care of it?

"how did he not know?" seems a lot less relevant than "what happens now?"

4. jwb

jwb but... I AM NAPOLEAN!!!!

correct me if i am wrong, but, didn't someone once say to a certain well known team owner somehting along the lines that their son was not 18 when he/they signed that contract so they could just break it and then pretty much did?

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

"Hello Vale? Who's your barrister?..."

j/k

6. random hero

random hero Banned

pretty shady stuff

7. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Ben appears to be a pawn in this mess, but it is his name that is taking the hit. Over the years you hear stuff about certain people and dont know what to beleive, but it appears that what goes around, comes around. There is no telling what this could cost him in future endorsments and contract negotiations. Putting money aside, having your name attached to someone who systematically fucks over people would infuriate me.

8. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

9. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

Does Mary Spies = the Colonel Tom Parker of Motorcycle racing...?

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not even close.

11. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

just because mary controls the business/money aspect does not mean she is abusing it.... if she was abusing it, im sure ben would have had a clue she "owned" the majority of "Speez Racing" if in fact he didnt know the fine print.

12. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

And that is the bottom line. Well said.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure he didn't know and didn't care. The number is merely to allow her to handle the business stuff. Has nothing to do with anything in the real world.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Of course in the racing biz, having someone you trust controling the arrangements is a good thing. When it is private, its one thing, but it just doesn't sound manly to the guys for Mom to own you.

15. jwb

not unusual at all for a professional athlete to hand over all the business of being a person to others so they can focus soley on performing...

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

From what I've heard Mary probably looks out for Ben more than Ben looks out for Ben.

17. jwb

not surprising to me at all... when you are interested in being the best in the world at pretty much any pursuit you do not want to be bothered by which brand of toothpaste to buy...

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You haven't met Mary, have you.

19. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Exactly.

Anyone interpreting this as the fault of Spies isn't considering the scale of his dealings.

Look what happened with Rossi; he had advisors handle his affairs to allow him to focus on racing. Was it his fault they gave him poor tax shelter advice?