1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!

Discussion in 'General' started by panthercity, Mar 16, 2010.

1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

My 2010 Mustang GT has now been in the shop for 2and a half months. Original estimate was a little over $8k with delivery on 2/8/10.

They keep finding more busted/broken/warped/FUBARed stough. Currently they've spent a bit over $16k.

Supposed to be ready yesterday. The new wheels I ordered from WheelsNext.com are warped! All four of `em! With the car up on jack stands, you can spin the wheels and watch `em wobble. Two are visually out of round. The other two have visual runout axially AND radially!

I contacted the ^*(*%%(@#$$@ at WheelsNext. They will not take `em back BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN MOUNTED!!!

Anyone here in the habit of putting new car/truck wheels on a truing stand to check runout BEFORE mounting `em?

Me either.

I am PISSED!

F`em where they breathe!

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So, they sold you out of true wheels and they won't take them back?

3. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

WHEELSNEXT.COM sold you wheels that are out of true and wont take them back. Hmmm. I bet we can do a little something about that. Bastards.

4. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Next time: buy Durrani! :D

5. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

The chargeback is your friend (if you paid for them using a cc)...plus the $35 chargeback fee will encourage them to be a little more liberal with their return policy next time...

6. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

yeah fraud is always a good solution.

7. scotth

scotth Banned

I dunno, you sell me something that's actually broken when I get it, and I don't have too much of an ethical dilemma about the chargeback.

Panther, isn't the insurance company footing the bill on this stough?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure it's fraud when they are refusing to take back a faulty product.

9. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

That's not fraud... you can charge back for not receiving the items as promised.
    edit: beaten twice? :)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  10. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

As soon as I stop cryin' in my beer, I'll :crackup:

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

And a Nissan.:up:

13. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Bob, whoever said these mid-life crisises would be easy. :Poke:

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Volvos are nice...

15. discoduc2

discoduc2 "shift wanker shift"

Oh Shite...........I have wheels on order from wheelsnext first lot they sent were the wrong ones however they did have red warning stickers on them saying that if you had tires mounted they would not accept them back if they did not fit the vehicle...guess i will pre mount them on the car without tyres if and when the right ones get here......if you look at comments online their customer service is not the best:down:

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Well, the deal is, one wheel was destroyed, two scuffed and one pristine.

The original estime included $652!!! to replace the demolished wheel and $185 each to buff out and re-paint the two fdamaged ones. For that kind of change, I worked out a deal to buy some aftermarket wheels in a style I like for less money than the insurance company was out originally.

Here are the stock, 19x8.5" wheels that came off her.

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

The ordering process was three weeks of lies, wrong merch, more lies, missing parts, lies, delayed shipments, lies and more lies. They suck DaveK balls!

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Thanks all! I'm off to see what my CC company can/will do about it.

19. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Well without knowing anything about the company if they say no returns after wheels are mounted and the wheels were mounted than their obligation to take back the product has ended. Whether it is right or wrong for the company to take back or not take back the wheels is not my point.

Point is if you keep said product and do a charge back and still keep the product I am pretty sure that is either theft or fraud, I'm not a lawyer so I am not sure. But either way you have received a product and then not paid for it.

20. discoduc2

discoduc2 "shift wanker shift"

Exact same thing here............i am thinking at this point, after hearing your experience just to cancel and shell out the extra to get wheels from a more reputable company