Kawi Contingency

Discussion in 'General' started by Millwoodva, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Millwoodva

Millwoodva Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. mangobob

mangobob Well-Known Member

Will they?

3. caferace

caferace No.

yup. All suck. :(

-jim

4. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

I looked at the mx numbers and everything was cut by at least 50% from last year, not looking good for the roadrace program

5. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

Has it been dropped?

6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

7. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Let's see what Yami does?

8. SUZUKI34

SUZUKI34 Well-Known Member

I just taked to Debbie at Kawi and it is Official KAWASAKI CONTINGENCY HAS BEEN DROPPED FOR 2010! They dropped everything except MX and Offroad. Oh well life goes on. Thanks DMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!:moon:

9. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

I hope your being sarcastic. If not. WTF Does DMG have to do with Kawi not paying contingency in WERA, WSMC, CCS, MOM, etc, etc. Wake the hell up. People are not buying bikes. Manufactures are sucking wind. Play money is the first thing to go.

10. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Still racing my Kawasakis. When shit comes back, I'll make up for it.

11. SUZUKI34

I am being sarcastic to a certain extent. It all started when DMG pissed of all the Manufactures. It has been a snowball affect. Yes you are right about the play money. One day it will get better. Kawasaki has been feeding my family since 2006.
    By the way I am awake. I don't post things unless I have concrete facts. :Poke:

12. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

You have concrete facts that Kawi is not paying contingency in the US at all because of DMG? Associating the clusterf*** that was DMG to Kawi not paying contingency is silly at best.

Fixed it for you.

13. SUZUKI34

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match. When Kawasaki pulled out of Roadracing mainly because of DMG and "the economy", that is where the trickle affect came from. That's all I have to say about it.

14. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

this sucks for sure. Don't know what you mean by play money 'throttleabuse'. for some racers it is their job and they count on contingency for a paycheck. It is marketing money from the mfgr. so when the economy is down and you pull back your marketing seems you just make things worse, but im not a marketing guy so I don't know for sure

15. Triple R 50

Triple R 50 Well-Known Member

dont get all upset now..i bet all your life somebody has known something behind the scene that you wanted to know. if you cant figure out that DMG has peed off the manufactures thus making them rethink how they want to support roadracing..then maybe you are looking through rose colored glasses...i know the economy is bad(heck i was out of work for 11 months) but c'mon

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Are we also blaming DMG for Kawi pulling out of MotoGP?

17. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

yup :D

18. Triple R 50

Triple R 50 Well-Known Member

Opps i thought they were out of Moto GP last year...stick to 2010 in the USA

19. Chip

Chip Registered

DMG is not all of road racing. If DMG was the motivation behind cutting contingency then it would be better to increase contingency to alternate orgs like WERA.

Blaming DMG for cutting contingency in WERA is like blaming Target because WalMart is out of Smokey and the Bandit DVD's. Its silly.

P.S. - This sucks for the sport.

20. SUZUKI34

What do you know Chip? Go back to your hole!