1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JRP has a new ride

Discussion in 'General' started by random hero, Sep 4, 2009.

1. random hero

random hero Banned

2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Mladin's old bike? Did anyone ever buy it?

3. lyodbraun

lyodbraun Sprocket

LOL thats different last race of the season and hes on a GSXR...

4. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

The fairings look to be unpainted and the number borders black electrical tape. :)

5. wera_123

wera_123 Well-Known Member

Finally got on a real machine

/ just say'n

6. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

and his leathers still say yamaha....

7. caferace

caferace No.

Looks like the Jordan bike that OTT showed yesterday.

Apparently JRP's rig broke down somewhere in Arizona right after he set out for NJ so he had to rent a bike, but the word was that it was one of Aussie Dave's. Not sure who owns what, at this point. JU?

-jim

8. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

9. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

10. random hero

random hero Banned

DING DING.... I knew that tank paint looked familiar. That's one of Aussie dave's tanks at least, and last I heard he was injured, so makes sense. :up:

11. random hero

random hero Banned

Yea.... BUT he's still 7 seconds off pace. If anyone deserve's a pat on the back look at Cory West. I can't believe nobody picked him up this year, the guy is FAST! Rode the Buell for the first time Thursday, never saw the track before and is .7 off pole...... Say what you want about the Buell in sportbike, but the thing HAS to be at a disadvantage in SBK! GOOD JOB CORY:up::up:

12. Suburbanrancher

No doubt - he's doing phenominal. Although I don't think the layout @ Thunderbolt is as advantageous for the Superbikes as perceived.

There's a lot of wrestling on that track for the big bikes and not a lot of leg stretching.

13. caferace

caferace No.

Yes, there was a funny bit yesterday in one of OTT's quick vids. Damo Cudlin on the Celtic Racing GSXR-1000 that Laverty had been riding (who had the fastest trap speed) said he was just along for the ride. :)

-jim

14. random hero

random hero Banned

Yea, I've read and watched some video's with riders stating this is a track made for 600's... On one of the testing video's Hacking was running around Hayden on his sbk, and Hayden seemed be holding him up in the tighter sections. I think the liter bikes are in 2-3 gear 96% of the lap. Looks like a nice/fun track though:up:

15. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

:stupid:

It's a rental from Aussie Dave.

16. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

actually john.....he came to the track trying to find a ride because his truck had broken down.after a couple failed attempts, he got aussie dave to sell him a bike for $12000. aussie dave caught a lotta shit about it from....well, we won't name names. lets just say certain people prolly did'nt care to see him at the final round. it was so important for jrp to be here, from what i gathered, he spent an extra $12000 to get that bike. he's gonna have to drop a little more time to make the show tho. go johnny rock page!:D

17. so he didn't steal it?

18. random hero

random hero Banned

No.. but it'll get stolen sometime this weekend:crackup:

19. It's like the give a penny, take a penny tray at the gas station. But with motorcycles.

20. Suburbanrancher

That's a pretty cool story right there. I actually really want to see him make the grid now.