1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My day at Bluegrass....

Discussion in 'General' started by Repo Man, May 30, 2009.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

So my Son & I took up Bluegrass MSP on their offer of "will work for tracktime"
    and drove the 46 miles to the track...

Put in 10 hours building tire walls and get a free trackday!! :clap:

It was a bitch. :eek:

We were there for 5 hours, damn!, it was a PITA drilling into rubber with a hand drill and a 5/8" spade bit, then using an air rachet to bolt these tires to each other.
    Thes are brand new factory reject tires with STEEL BELTS, big ones like on an SUV.

There were about 10 of us, some bike racers, some car guys, we built stacks of tires 4 high, then 6 of these into a 24 tire section.

Luckey for us there are about 4,000 total tires to assemble, so there will be LOTS of chances to earn more track time!!! :crackup:

And talking to the Bluegrass guy, he says the final 2 coats of blacktop will begin June 15, and then a 2 week cure - so I think it will be July before any real "racing" there... :(

After work we were driven around the track by worker guy, WIDE, wider than any track I've ever been on, and it's gonna be FAST, the banked Monza corner is da Shizzle!! :beer:

2. Wndotintman

Wndotintman Well-Known Member

So much for the June 20/21 track days huh?

3. vance

vance *

Kanatuna told me about the work dates a while ago.
    Man......
    Construction hasn't started back and I'm waiting on word that construction has resumed before I head up.
    God I hope this thing works out.

4. bardo

bardo Well-Known Member

i was planning on going today but family came in to town unexpectedly. as for hand drills can we just bring a damn cordless? screw that caveman shit.

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

how would an average joe go about putting in for one of these work for tracktime days?

6. Repo Man

A cordless would die a quick death in such extreme useage.

They furnish Ryobi drills, but need better bits...

7. Repo Man

I'll find the e mail addy later, anyone can help. :up:

8. Repo Man

E mail addy for track work guy:

[email protected]

The work schedule seems to be Thurdsay Evenings 5 to 8ish and Saturdays
    9 to 4ish...
    Though they were working Sunday (yesterday) too.

9. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

hole saw bit?

would a hole saw bit work on those tires better? not that I go around drilling a lot of tires. b bill

10. Repo Man

But the you would need to get the molten rubber plug OUT of the holesaw.... :wow:

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Carbide tipped Forstner bit?

[​IMG]

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

12 guage deerslug?