1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory Pro velocity stacks 2nd gen SV

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Rich, May 5, 2009.

1. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Does anybody use them? Any noticeably improvements?

2. Tunersricebowl

Tunersricebowl Fog, onward through.

I'm sure Factory has a dyno sheet they can show you, they don't make junk, it all works.

3. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

They do, I was just wondering if anybody on here had tried them.

4. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

How does a velocity stack actually work? It just looks like it makes the intake track longer.

5. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

Wouldn't it just move your powerband around? Longer intake tracts should thoeretically just make mid-range power better at the expense of top end, no?

6. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

According to Factory Pro they add 2 - 4 HPT on the midrange, and a little bit on the top. I'd like to try them, but was hoping somebody else has already made the investment.

7. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

how much are they?

8. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

$130.

9. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

Superstock legal? As i RTFRB it looks as if they are. It isn't changing the airbox. Am i interpreting it correctly? Just want to clarify.

"The OEM air box must be used and an OEM type filter must be properly installed (a K&N style direct replacement filter is an acceptable OEM type). The only modification allowed is the sealing of airbox drains."

Will the OEM style air filter still fin over them?

I assume you need to re-map after adding these, right?

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  10. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

I'm sure they are illegal for Superstock.:tut:

11. keppyou812

keppyou812 Active Member

I'm guessing no. Based on the statement above, and the fact that if it is not stated in writing, it is not allowed.:tut: