1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on Boot Selection..Sidi Vortice or Alpinestar Supertech R

Discussion in 'General' started by Silver_Bullet, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Silver_Bullet

Silver_Bullet Well-Known Member

I am in the market for a new set of racing boots and wanted to get a few opinions from people that have the two in the title...I have tried the new Puma boots on which i don't like so i narrowed it down to the Sidi Vortice (Air) or the Alpinestar Supertech R (Vented)...Any advice on each would be helpful in making my decision..Also, I don't do any cold weather riding/racing/trackdays so I was leaning towards the AIR(Sidi) and the VENTED (Alpinestar). Would there be any other benefit to getting the regular non-vented ones over the Air and Vented..Thanks for the input in advance.

2. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

I have a bunch of friends that run the AStars and say they are the most comfortable boot ever...can't wait to try a set myself.

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The AStar Supertech R is the most comfortable boot I've ever worn. It's much better than the previous AStar boot even.

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

let your feet decide.

5. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

mine say Daytona Security:up: yup I know they are expensive

6. fastfreddie

buddy o' mine passed on a deal for some daytonas. month later, slapped the ground at tally and shattered his heel. he said, "i guess i shoulda forked out the $700 bucks."

7. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

I like the Supertechs. IMO, they look good and feel like tennis shoes on the inside. I currently wear the Puma's and all I can say is that I will NEVER wear anything else. If I had to pick between the two I would go with the A*'s

8. aimalick

aimalick rebelling since 1999

never tried on the vortice, but after wearing the supertech R's, i dont want to.

9. fastfreddie

i stopped wearing astars(gp series) when more protective boots became available. they, along with a long gone pair of dianeses, were like slippers.
    i hated having to put up with the discomfort of the newer boots but preferred the protection. oxstars - painful to walk in, no arch support. sidis - painful to wear, too narrow. even the newer astars weren't doing me right.
    the Supertech R appears to be worth lookin' into, particularly with the raves about comfort.

10. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Daytonas are like wearing a pair of socks!You don't really know you have em on.Takes about a good weekend of riding in them when they are new to break in but after that its game on!I've had em for 6 years now and bought one pair of new outer shells for them(under $300)

11. JimboC

JimboC Well-Known Member

The Supertech R's are great

12. rondre3000

rondre3000 Well-Known Member

The Supertech R's are REAAAAAALLY comfy. Borderline too comfy...as in I was wondering where the ankle support was. Sold an old pair of Supertech's to rock some Vertigo Corsa Air's and although the Sidi's are alright, I catch the ankle bracing (inner side) on my rearsets sometimes. If I can't get used to that, I'm gonna switch to Supertech R's.

13. UGADAWGBEAST

UGADAWGBEAST Well-Known Member

I like my sidi's they have held up after a few get offs! Comfortable too!

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Have you seen the latest ones Fred? I have no tie or sponsorship with them, but they're pretty nice. They have a great ankle support brace piece that I think works really well (tested once and no foot injuries anyway). And like I mentioned, they're incredibly comfortable ..

15. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Astars-I've found that the Sidi's might look a little prettier, but the astars are more comfortable and have more protection. Yes, I've crash tested them a few times!

Also, alpinestars can resole them!

16. Silver_Bullet

Any preferences on vented over regular

17. dc2004600

dc2004600 Well-Known Member

18. Silver_Bullet

Wow...good price...how is the protection compare to the vortice and supertech r?

19. dc2004600

dc2004600 Well-Known Member

Both of the boots have protection where it is vital and in my opinion can not go wrong with either.

Someone said earlier to let your feet answer you. You are looking at two top of the line boots by two major manufacturers. It might be time to step into each and see how they feel :up:

20. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

my sidi vortice were must more comfortable then my vertigos