1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My lowside at Tally

Discussion in 'General' started by royalgixxer, Feb 12, 2009.

1. royalgixxer

royalgixxer The Bodywork Guy

Here is my lowside at Tally. It was on lap 6 coming out of turn 2 in the C Superbike race. There was some talk in the pits that led me to believe that someone may have got under my back wheel. As you can see from the pics that clearly did not happen. Looking at my tire wear I am still not sure why the rear let go.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. yetidave

yetidave Well-Known Member

You held on to that throttle 'til the bitter end.

3. royalgixxer

4. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

You're lucky that didnt turn into a highside! What's the details? Was it first lap? Did you check tire pressures? Best to know the obvious if you want good advice.

5. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

almost looks like you were dragging hard parts ala Stoner...

2nd pic from the top

6. royalgixxer

Nope, Thats not it cause I slide the rear all the time but normaly I can control the slide with the throttle. It did not matter what I did throttle wise, I just couldn't get it to come back.

7. royalgixxer

As I said at the top it was lap 6. Tires were at 31,29 on warmers

8. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Just read that again, sorry. I got nothin.

9. royalgixxer

Ya I do that from time to time but I blew up the pic on my computer and thats my toe on the ground.

10. Ptog

Ptog I Miss Corner Working

Who was the Photog? They stayed with it real nice.

11. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

I have not ridden tally since the re-do. Whats with the color on the race line? Is that sealer??

12. royalgixxer

Photo Al
    behind my bike is rubber from my tire I guess.

13. stuman

stuman Well-Known Member

Well, since you were comming off the corner and not grinding hard parts then you just gave it too much gas and the rear let go. Unless you were off your normal line and hit a bump...

14. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Nah. Look to the right of your bike on the track. It's darker than the rest of the track.

15. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

looks like too much throttle for the available traction...at least you did the right thing and stayed in it :up:

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Two things I kept saying in the first series of photos: 1) You're lucky it didn't turn into a high side. 2) You're standing up way too soon after the crash.

#2 was confirmed in the next series. :D

Glad you're okay.

17. royalgixxer

I did feel the rear come out a little, eased up on throttle, came back a little then just kept sliding as if it were slow motion.

18. stuman

stuman Well-Known Member

If you have a lot of lean angle and the rear lets go it is much harder to save. If the bike is more upright when the slide starts it is more controllable.

Looks like you were pretty far over when it started...

19. I have nothing beneficial to add; like the others...it looks like the rear just let go due to too much throttle for the amount of traction. I am just glad you came out of it ok. :up:

20. In the 2nd picture it looks like the tire mark stay consistant throughout and doesn't cut out and then back on. Kept sliding all the way around. Kinda hard to see though.