1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPEED CELL technologies supersport battery

Discussion in 'General' started by bcc, Jan 4, 2009.

1. bcc

bcc painter /fabricator

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  2. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

interesting.

anyone using these?

3. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

I don't know what battery you are using...but it's $250. Now pound for pound bike weight loss....it's not bad. If it will turn over a bike, handle quick charging, etc....then yeah...it would be great for a racebike. If it was cheaper I'm think about it for my dirtbike. (And I should pull and weigh the different bike batteries I have. I normally figure about $100 per pound in serious bike weight loss. That makes this "relatively" cheap.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'll let you guys know in a few weeks. 2 of them are headed my way.

5. bcc

bcc painter /fabricator

$250 for the superbike ,its $160 for the supersport the superbike are for over 750'ccs .

pretty hard to lose 6 pounds from top heavy weight for $250 .

sling them under the front low part of the bike and i think its money well spent .

tests and time will tell i guess ,but people have wasted more money on crazier ideas.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  6. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Just get a kickstarter. :D

7. Eye-p

Eye-p Full Spectrum Power

It's the other way around actually. Our batteries are designed and manufactured in the US, using US made components wherever possible.

Thorsten buy his packs from us.

8. Eye-p

The Supersport battery is what I would recommend for a 4strk dirt bike. It weighs 11oz.

[​IMG]

9. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

less cheeseburgers and a little jogging will do the same thing.

10. Roger@Arroyo

Roger@Arroyo Well-Known Member

I've been using them since June (They weren't in production yet). I had the supersport pack in my 636 and I'll tell ya, huge weight savings, and I never had any problems. It actually started faster than it did with the stocker.

We tested the superbike pack in a ZX14 drag bike that races 4 drag classes here, basically the guy hotlaps and leaves his ignition on for the fan. He also has a MSD launch control system and electric shifter and never a problem starting. With the stock battery he had to put it on a battery charger occasionally, not with the Speedcell.

One more thing, these are NOT lithium Ion, which can explode. Support is second to none as well. Highly recommended and well worth the price.

11. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Huh, pretty impressive....Has anybody run these things with a total loss system? Is charging them anything special? Will a Battery Tender handle it?

12. Eye-p

Yes. We make a battery for use with total loss systems. Here is a pic:

[​IMG]

TOTAL LOSS Specs:

- Pulse Discharge @ 10 seconds = 360 Amps
    - Continuous discharge (MAX) = 210 Amps
    - Cycle Life (DoD spec) = 1,000 cycles

- Dimensions = 10.5cm (L) x 7.5cm (W) / 4.13" (L) x 2.95" (W)
    - Weight = 966.15g / 2.13lbs
    - Rating = 6.9Ah
    - Applications = 1400cc - 2000cc w/ stator, Total Loss system (NO stator) & very High compression motors

**NOTE: The picture above shows a weight comparison against a normal 60Ah lead acid battery (Car). Please note this 60Ah lead acid battery generates 470 CCA vs. my Total Loss pack generating a pluse of 360 Amps. This comparison was the closest in Ah that I could find.

This one is $375 shipped in the continental US.

Thanks!
    Jason

13. Eye-p

Thanks Roger!

Jason

14. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

yeah, but the 250lbs you perch right over the battery can lose 6lbs by skipping lunch-- thats actually negative money, since u'll be saving on food costs.

15. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Huh, that's impressive....Gonna go make me weigh my battery now...

16. Eye-p

SUPERSPORT Specs:

- Pulse discharge @ 10 seconds = 120 Amps
    - Continuous discharge (MAX) = 70 Amps
    - Cycle Life (DoD spec) = 1,000 cycles

- Dimensions = 10.5cm (L) x 2.5cm (W) / 4.13" (L) x 0.98" (W)
    - Weight = 337.36g / 11.9oz
    - Rating = 2.3Ah
    - Applications = 750cc & under w/ stator

17. bcc

bcc painter /fabricator

sounds like a great theory ,only doesnt have anything to do with making the bike any lighter ,or the fact that you can move that weight savings down to the center of gravity of the bike instead of up high .

18. bcc

bcc painter /fabricator

ah ok i see ,it was just a guess since ive seen them on his site and it was the only other place i've seen this kind of battery pack
    good to know :up:

19. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I agree on the center of gravity, but I tend to think of bike and rider as a package. The bike doesn't ride itself.

20. Roger@Arroyo

Roger@Arroyo Well-Known Member

We ran another drag racer with a full on Kawasaki drag bike, using all the electronic aids and he was having to change out his battery every pass. After 3 passes with the Speedcell battery he showed less than 1 volt loss.