1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another racer down. Could use our help and prayers...

Discussion in 'General' started by Hooper, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

My son and I first met Josh Galster at the WERA Miller Nat'l in '06 when we inadvertently put our stuff in his reserved garage. He arrived later that night and simply moved our stuff over to make some room for his stuff and when we got there the next morning he said "No problem. We'll just share it." We made instant friends with both him and his parents that weekend and that has continued to this day. He went on to win several expert class championships with WERA West that year and again in '07. This was his first full season in AMA Supersport and both he and team mate Misti Hurst are the epitome of true AMA privateers. Josh was 17th in Supersport points before yesterday's crash.

http://wera.com/racers/racerprofile.asp?x=816&rid=607411515124

http://www.amaproracing.com/prorace/raceres/rr/indpoints.asp?id=ls770889&year=2008&snct=p8280

This was posted last night by Eric Dorn, one of Josh's and Misti's primary sponsors:
    Get better soon Josh!!! :up:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn goofball! Glad to hear it's not worse than it is. Definitely scary.

3. Keep Up

Keep Up N 142

I hope you have a speedy recovery. Good luck

4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Prayers sent.

5. hrvat2

hrvat2 Well-Known Member

Damn :(
    I met Josh a couple weeks ago at MPH by Cleveland. He was there getting Misti's bike checked for straighteness after a get-off at Mid-O(?). We BS-ed for a long while about his background, lifestyle, AMA campaign, and sponsors. He was a really easy going guy, great to spend time with. It's a shame this would happen to him. I am glad to hear that he is doing so well given the extent of his injuries. Funds will be sent; keep us updated on his recovery!

IG

6. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I've only met the guy once and instantly liked him.

Josh, you're in my thoughts.

7. georgiadawg

georgiadawg Elbows Out

I was standing at Turn 5 and watched his get off, He crawled under the fence to get off the track and i could tell his wrist was hurt but man i wish he didn't wave off the corner marshall from calling the medics out there. Glad he'll be ok it definately was a fast get off.

8. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Thanks Hooper! i really hope those that know/met him will post up as well how amazing he is! This sport has enough negative figures in it and i have in my almost 20years worked with both extremes and can honestly say Josh Galster is one of the BEST to work with! I got out of AMA privateer stuff a few years back cause of the drama, higher maintance riders, etc, etc...but Misti Hurst got me back in, and after meeting and then working with Josh, i got hooked again. He truly is one that A LOT of racers could learn from! ALWAYS gracious, ALWAYS positive, and ALWAYS thankful for our engines/tuning/trackside support. Josh is one of the riders that makes me personally feel like im just hangin out at the track with a friend, not just "eric the engine guy and Josh the rider" type of situation.

Thanks to everyone for their words and support. Ill forward all your thoughts, emails and any donations thru paypal. Thats the BEST thing about this sport is the community factor and how we call can come together to support someone in need.

Thanks very much

ERIC DORN

Email for paypal or just well wishes emails: [email protected]

Be safe everyone!

9. Bones74

Bones74 Official Back Marker.

Get well.

10. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Josh at Daytona this year (I hope that Brandon doesn't mind)...

[​IMG]

11. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Ah dude....I had Josh help with some instruction at Keith's Superbike School.

Heal up man! Wrist injuries suck!

12. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Oh yeah...

I forgot to mention that Josh is also an instructor for CSS.

13. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

I saw the crash while at the Ducati Tent - Josh get well in a hurry - never thought you were hurt so bad with the way you moved after you stopped tumbling.

14. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

15. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Hope you get well quickly :up:

16. stow

stow Well-Known Member

Damn, I just met Josh the previous weekend at Barber during the California Superbike School. He was my off track instructor. He is a super nice guy and pleasure to be around. Sorry I didn't get to make it out to the track to watch the race, but other plans got in the way. Josh I hope you heal quick and get back out on the track soon.

17. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

I met Josh @ Mid Ohio. Hell of a guy!

C2?! Damn!!! Glad to hear things aren't as bad as they could've been. Get well soon.

18. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Damn, I'm glad to hear he is okay and hope his recovery goes well, sounds like it could have been alot worse. I don't know if he'll read this thread but I hung out with him this past spring while doing my on-track training to be a CSS coach at Willow. He's a great guy and I enjoyed picking his brain about his AMA racing on the long car ride to the airport. Unfortunately I didn't get hired but he was one of many great people I met there including Misti. I've been following him all season and he's been doing great with the equipment he's on. Wish you the best man, heal up and get back out there next year.

Nick McCoy

19. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

no problems Hooper

Josh is by far one of my favorite AMA racers as well as his family also, seeing them at Miller supporting him was an experience all in it's own. It's rare to see such a go-for-it and can-do spirit both in the parents and the racer. Outside of Josh I think Chris Seibenharr (his best rival and good friend) are the best examples of a family really behind their racer son that I have personally seen and been part of.

Let me know if anything is needed. I don't know what all I can do, I have a house just outside of the Daytona race track if the bike needs a place of storage, just let me know and I will email an address for his stuff to be sent to. Least I can do.

20. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

get well josh! i know i'll see you back out there soon enough.