1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 Busa...

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Chip, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Chip

Chip Registered

:wow:

08, 120miles, bone stock...

Bottom is bone stock
    Middle is pipe, PC
    Top is pipe, PC, Fresh MR9

Attached Files:

2. Chip

Chip Registered

That came out crappy....image again.

[​IMG]

3. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

Jezuz...can I put that motor in the gsxr and be SS legal???

4. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

dem big bikes sure love that mr9 dont they!

5. Chip

Chip Registered

Blew my mind that the damn thing made 10hp with just MR9....I should add that the VP guy was here today and this stuff just came off the truck.....so you can't get much more fresh!

6. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Good lord. Almost 210hp without taking the head off? :eek:

7. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

wonder if the rods will still fit in an SV650? let me know when ya'll blow one up so i can see.

8. Chip

Chip Registered

The rods are different...

9. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

extra revs from the pc?

10. phobiaphobe

phobiaphobe Well-Known Member

Holy fock.

11. motobum

motobum Well-Known Member

:confused:
    +1

12. Chip

Chip Registered

Nope...just no need in reving the stock bike past peak power....

13. mpp12

mpp12 Well-Known Member

Chip, in that same dyno how much did a gsxr1000 K6 or K7 stock just to see some point of reference.

Man those numbers are 2 dam huge.....

14. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

My XR100 made 46 hp on that dyno. The drum's like an inch smaller than when it was new.:Poke:

The new Busa is still pretty bad. Look at the freaking torque numbers.

Seriously, KWS dyno and my dyno are 8-10% different. I've tried sixteen ways of cheating, but none of them are reliable. I'm gonna have Jimmy Chance turn my drum down a couple mill.

15. 418

418 Expert #59

http://forums.13x.com/showpost.php?p=1569543&postcount=1

174RWHP, stock. A little overzalous, if you ask me. Either a ringer bike, or the KWS dyno is on crack...

A "friend of a friend" dynoed his '07 GSX-R and it put down just shy of 160RWHP.

16. Chango Malo

Chango Malo Well-Known Member

The only numbers that should be compared are, numbers that come off the same dyno. The KWS dyno reads what it reads. Other dynos read what they read. How do you determine which one is on crack?

The best used of a dyno is, to compare and track the performance of modifications, i.e., to improve the motorcycle.

17. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

All the educated ones know the deal, but it's hard to convince some customers that it's all relative when they see published dyno numbers. They want the max value to exceed that of their fellow racer, period. I know, you can try to explain, but...look just go out and ride the thing, alright?

Chango, you're perceptive and your spelling is impeccable. Bravo. One of three accurate spellers on this forum.

18. 418

418 Expert #59

The same Dyno said a '06 GSX-R made 158RWHP. That's a 16HP jump from '06 to '07 model.

I'd say it's on crack. :D

19. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Not necessarily. The '07 was massively more powerful on top. 16 hp is a bit well...happy, but...I know for a fact that the '07 had at least ten-twelve honest ponies on the '06, so don't call out the crack police just yet.

If you have dyno charts from your dyno that say different, let's show them and discuss. I have data that agrees with the 06-07 increase and would be willing to share. Then we can argue (like adults) further about how dynos don't mean anything and they are junk because they don't reinforce your opinions.

Nothing personal, just trying to reduce the BS.

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You promoting a bandwith diet, eh RM?