1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone taken the Ed Bargy school??

Discussion in 'General' started by IL_k1200r_guy, Nov 6, 2007.

1. IL_k1200r_guy

IL_k1200r_guy Is it Spring yet??

Thinking of taken one of his schools at Jennings... Any feedback from past experience?

Thanks.

2. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

There's a lot of people on this board who has taken it. My husband took it years and years ago and he's one of the best. I've actually watched him instruct and interact with the students and he's awesome!

3. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

I would say most. I've taken it twice. Its a really good class.

4. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

yep, took it back in 2000, and ive been instructing for him for 4 years now. Excellent school, and IMO, best bang for the buck of all the schools out there.

5. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

I took the race scool the beginning of this year so I could race.(at jennings)

He is a very nice guy and has a smooth class.

I wish there was more track time and a quicker pace. was pricey too -$365 or something.

I would say the class I had was a stage 1 or intro class. I was looking more for a stage 2.

he taught the basics(throttle/clutch/braking) nothing about backing it in or spinning the rear.

He had many points and I did learn a few things, I was just looking for a little more.

6. georgiadawg

georgiadawg Elbows Out

I took his class and like todd says it is the most bang for your buck, i learned alot from it and some i already knew but overall i improved as a rider which is what i paid for:up:

7. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

dude, if you were looking to learn how to back it into corners and stuff, all you should have done was taken the WERA rider school and got your license, cus you obviously already know how to win races. Ed's school is designed to teach you how to RACE, not how to be the next Rossi. @$365, its still by far the best school out there, IMO. What he teaches is how to go fast on ANY track. If you actually absorbed everything that he threw at you in that one day, youve got a brain like a sponge. Ive been racing for going on 7 years now, and i STILL learn something everytime i go out on the track, and i can always go back to the book that he gives you in the class and see that it was something Ed instructs, but i'd just forgotten. That man has forgotten more about racing than most of us will ever know.

8. georgiadawg

georgiadawg Elbows Out

that's the damn truth

9. georgiadawg

georgiadawg Elbows Out

If they are just the basics to racing then why do so many people F-it up, the "basics" he teaches are what you need to now to race and i think he does a good job teaching it, the way he explains the science to how and why a motorcycle is doing what it's doing things just started to click a whole lot better for me on the track and i don't get panicky when something is going wrong on the track at the worst time cause he teaches you what to do so that you make the turn or whatever the oh sh!t moment is

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

There are very few road race schools that teach that. You might want to spend $2500 or more, and take Oliver's Mystery School .
    I've taken Schwantz,and Keith Code, neither teach that.
    Ed's School or track days can't be beat for the price.

11. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I took his school a few years back. Small class, six IIRC. Great one on one with such a small class. Learned the basics, got a lot of tracktime. I'll quote Ed, 'It's not rocket science.'

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

+1

Taking it again in December, maybe you guys can help me find my mojo. :D

13. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Take the damn class. It's the best $$$ you'll spend if you haven't race or haven't raced much. Ed's school = all go, no show. Just my $00.02. You'll have a blast.

14. georgiadawg

georgiadawg Elbows Out

you taking it december 8th and 9th at tally? I should be out there for the track day

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

That's the plan. See you there.

16. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

I've taken all 4 levels of the Superbike School, then 2 full seasons of racing and a few more where I raced occasionally... Ed's School taught me things I never learned and never would have learned on my own. His whole approach to the track was different than mine, because I have never been taught "how to race", "how to lower my lap times... the right way" :) ...I just went out and rode, applying what I had learned about cornering. Keith Code teaches "no brakes". Can you imagine how I felt the first time I came into a hard braking bus stop or began to "trail brake?" Believe me, I was learning by the seat of my pants. :wow:

It was pretty funny, I was taking Ed's class with guys that had never been on a track before and I think I learned more than they did !! :up: I believe my biggest benefit was that I could understand and apply what he taught because I had been in some of those situations he described. And guess what...no one will tell you the kind of stuff he teaches you. It's real, it works, and it's not hearsay or wives tales. The man tells it like it is.

Thanks Ed !!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Backing it in and spinning the rear tire. Yeah those are the really necessary things to teach in a race school. They should teach how to get hot chicks and do SpeedTV interviews too.

Leave that braking, clutch and throttle control shit at the house.

LMAO

18. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

I took Ed's school with my 16-yr old son at Tally in Feb. this year [in the ice] It was a great school--I did not go on to race [yet-my vintage bike just started up out of a coma] but Jesse dominated lwt ss nv on his hand-me-down clapped out 35,000 mi 1st gen sv with only one crash all season.

19. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

I took his school to get my race license the first time in 1986. Yes , he has been doing it that long. I am sure he knows what he is doing. He may have been doing this longer than any other school out there.

20. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

wow-

I just wrote my opinion, is that not the question?

no sponge here, I wore his shirt at my first two novice races(avatar) and I thanked him after the class as I thought he did a great job with what he was teaching.

thats all