1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And now, the Durrani Photos BKeros Wouldn't Show You

Discussion in 'General' started by Resident Plarp, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Just kidding! :D

[​IMG]

2. Resident Plarp

Okay, here's another one ...

[​IMG]

3. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I think I see some sort of wheel behind that grassy knoll...

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Is that the final top coat or just the sealer at Grattan?

5. Resident Plarp

No one there could give me a solid answer either way. The work was done 8 & 9 October when no one was around. The company that did the work recommended that there be a few car events there to polish the surface before allowing bikes to go out there.

[​IMG]

6. Capt Home Slice

Capt Home Slice Well-Known Member

Is it strange that these pics are giving me a chubby?

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

That is beautiful.

8. racer919

racer919 Still slow...

Am I correct in assuming the new top coat runs from the start of the bowl to the start of the straight? What about the esses?

9. Resident Plarp

One more;

[​IMG]

A lot of the character of Grattan is still there:
    The bumps leading onto the straight are still there, albeit much subdued.
    The drop off in the sweeper looks like it's still going to be fun.
    The dip at the apex of the bowl wasn't there anymore.

*disclaimer; all surface data based upon laps in a car and cars suck.

It's not Mid-Ohio pool table smoothness buTT ... it's definitely an improvement. What has been paved is a test section for further improvements. No one said when those improvements will be made nor what factors will deem the repave suitable for the entire track.

Finally, it's likely you can thank one person that is not an owner of Grattan for helping make this repave a reality. I'll let that person admit it if he/she wants to. :D

10. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

garth...from previous conversations i've heard, i'm guessin that's the final top coat.

does the 'let's run cars on it first' comment give anyone else the shudders. like handing off your pre-teen daughter to her prom date....

and is it only from t5 to the beg of the front straight? i may have to run out there today and take a look.

11. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

not trying to be a smart ass since it is my local track too. But how long is it going to take for the top riders to say that the gaurd rail in the sweeper is now not safe and it too close with the higher speeds?

I know i've crashed there before and didn't think I'd make it that far. Well, my bike made it that far but I didn't. Go ahead, other locals can flame me now:up:

12. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

but if you go off there, aren't you approaching it at a real shallow angle....more of a glancing blow rather than head-on like the busstop run backwards.

13. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

does anyone know if they did T2?

the photos looks beautiful. thanks!

14. Resident Plarp

The photos show all that has been done.

15. Racer45

most of the guys that I've seen crash there usually pick there bikes out of the trees!! Just my guess that some of the faster riders that wouldn't race at Nelson before might want air fence? Since we are locals I know we get a little used to the track, but you do look at it a bit different if you fall there IMO

16. Resident Plarp

I went straight off, twice on the same day before lunch going into the bus stop and didn't slam into anything. After seeing that wall come up, I threw the bike away. It didn't bother me too much though maybe if I went off there at the pace we go now it might be different.

17. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

wow

I was wondering about that first photo! :D

Talked to Otto van Thieme and he mentioned that the repave seemed to pretty cool, but that 10b was still kinda bumpy. Clearly "kinda" was relative, but he seemed to think (in that same car) that it was a massive improvement, assuming that it doesn't get destroyed by Vipers & such next year.

I don't know who's responsible for the repave, but if it's motorcycle related, I think I have apretty good guess! And whomever it is...HUGE thanks! Wow.

:beer: :rock:

18. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

I bet that track is a hella good ride!

19. Racer45

just my opinion

20. Resident Plarp

Very Niiiice

Mine too. :D

The repave at Grattan was done by a local company. How local to Grattan and what they usually do was not mentioned.