1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynojet Ignition Module Idle Problem - need help

Discussion in 'Tech' started by emil, Aug 28, 2007.

1. emil

emil New Member

I recently purchased 2005 ZX6R trackbike and it was running fine until I had to replace the battery. After the new battery, the bike started to idle between 900 - 1,400 rpm. It's just a constant up and down. Spent time on the track Sunday and it backfired under deceleration and stalled on me a couple times around idle.

Trying to troubleshoot later at home, I disconnected the ignition module and the bike started idling better. The ignition module does not have any values in its table.

Any suggestions?

PS> I have captured some screen-prints if more info is needed

PSS> I tried to update the firmware from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 and got an error "Error Programming Module: 0x002A"

2. emil

emil New Member

Update - Problem Fixed

I was able to solve the problem with PowerCommander's tech support help. It turned out to be some noise from one of the Ignition Module ground wires. They had me cut the black w/white stripe wire connected to the battery and the problem went away.

The support staff was very helpful and I just wanted to share the info with others.