1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muzzy 835 Raptor FUSA

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by boccarp, Jun 14, 2007.

1. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

Well its pretty close to done. I dynoed it last night. This is a gear drive motor...very trick. It made 163.4 rwhp. Pretty strong. For comparison I dynoed my 05 GSXR1000 (Full Yosh TI pipe, PC3R and Yosh head gasket) right before and that made 169.5 rwhp. So the Raptor is pretty strong for a 9 year old bike. On the highly accurate shop scales (two digital house scales) it comes in at 362lbs with 1/2 gallon of MR10 in the carbon fiber tank. The sound of the gear driven cams is awesome!! Here's some photos what do you think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SPATT

SPATT In a gravel pit near you

:up: WOW. That looks awesome.

3. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

If only it had an orange front fender.........it would be PERFECT.

SWEET ride..............go green!

4. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

What do I think?...I think we all want one.
    Nice job.

5. 418

418 Expert #59

I think you're spending your childrens inheritance money very well indeed. :D

6. long_av8r

long_av8r Active Member

I think I need to introduce you to my wife so she'll stop telling me I have too many motorcycles.

All kidding aside, it looks like a real nice bike. Good work.

7. DEAN

DEAN Well-Known Member

Super nice. That is my all time favorite bike. Wish I could find one I could afford. :bow:

8. roadracer618

roadracer618 Well-Known Member

Wow! Great job. Great bike. Enjoy it!

9. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Taking photos before putting it on the starting grid is always a good idea! [and gypsy is right about an orange front fender]

10. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

So right you are

11. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Very sweet!

http://www.ram.mc/indexen1.html

Get yerself a magnesium single sided swingarm for that thing while yer at it. I thought some of those Raptors had 'em.

12. boccarp

This was Chandler's FUSA bike....I never had a mag swingarm that was for the street squids....

13. YEC

YEC Well-Known Member

Raptor

What class are you racing it in????

14. boccarp

class?

i don't know where would it fit? its a 1998 model year...

15. bafflebrain

bafflebrain Well-Known Member

Beautifully done.

I just missed out a chance to buy a Raptor in the Seattle area. It went for only $1600 with all the spares. Ugh!

16. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

B-superbike, A-superbike, Formula 1........senior superbike if you are over 40.

:beer:

17. boccarp

wera class?

Are all those classes listed Wera? CCS doesn't seem to have any class for these bikes where they would considered vintage machines.

18. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

NO, he's talking about WERA classes.
    A - 1000's
    B - 750's
    Formula 1 - open

There are no vintage classes for this bike. The cut off date for V7 is 1995. V7 middleweight will allow ZX-6's up to '97 and CBR 600 F3's up to '98.

With all that h.p./suspension/brakes you will have no problem whatsoever keeping up with the modern guys. Do you have expert or novice plates with WERA?

BRING ONE OF YOUR BIKES TO CYCLEJAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

i remember watching chandler exit turn one sideways on that thing,i was down by the guardrail,it was badass!,same one that roger claimed & then sold?

20. boccarp

expert ccs , but I race my GSXR1000 now..its all setup and still only worth $10k if I pile it. This bike would be fun rip around on a track day when nobody is racing for that plastic trophy worth 3 bucks.....