1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perhaps u guys can help...(Riding Technique)

Discussion in 'General' started by snikwad, Jun 11, 2007.

1. snikwad

snikwad Well-Known Member

Ok, i thought i pretty much had this thing figured from, what ive read, seen and asked all my buddies that have done several track days and have much much much more years riding experience...
    But this guy confused the fuk outa me, and now i dont know...

im thinking he misunderstood something at this school and isnt telling the true story, what gives.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=80107

2. Ontheedgeprsprt

Ontheedgeprsprt Pumpkin riders

wow. I read all 3 pages there and I would take everything there with a HUGE grain of salt. Push left to turn left, push right to go right. Once leaned over, no inputs on the bars are needed, your bike will stay in the turn. You still countersteer while leaned over to tighten the turn or to straighten out when through the turn.

3. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

This is the very reason people should go to an acclaimed riding school instead of taking advice from other people who have exactly no clue of what they are talking about.

4. nig

nig Well-Known Member

Too bad the schools disagree.

5. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

Bah, that no b.s. bike is a bunch of b.s.

You *can* turn a bike without using the bars. It takes too long to do it that way so the best way is to use the bars to countersteer as Code suggests.

In short, though, you should be using both your countersteering and weighting the pegs to help the bike turn. You can do it with the bars only, but putting your lower body into it by weighting the pegs will help speed things along.

6. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

What schols have you been too?

7. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Silence is Golden.

8. snikwad

That is what i am saying... u do use both, thats what im saying and thinking, but that one dude is saying its all countersteering... and that the pegs dont do sh1t.

9. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Take a school.

10. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

where are you in VA?

11. snikwad

Norfolk

Dont know about that school stuff, but im trying to do my 1st trackday with TPM next month.

12. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

you need both. you countersteer to initiate the turn and lean to quicken the turn.

[cue music from the show married with children]
    Lean and Countersteer, Lean and Countersteer,
    Go together like a horse and carriage,
    This I tell ya brother, you can't have one without the other.
    [/music]

13. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

Plenty of schools around here. Keith Code does Superbike School in VIR (Virginia International Raceway - in case you didn't know), I know with WERA even the lisencing classes give you a little insight towards riding and such. If you're in Norfolk I'm even down to help you out if you feel inclined. I'm not saying I'm an expert like ORA, but I can hold my own and am pretty good at explaining things in person to help it make sense. Oh and I didn't bother reading the whole thread, f--- that I got better things to do, but if it was you that says you 'spun' the tire on a street bike on the street and especially the rear traction heaven of a 600RR, I am calling BS.

Damian

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  14. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

Jezuz christ, now that is a damn good jingle!

Damian

15. snikwad

naw, i have the same username there, that was the OP, i was trying to help him.
    then that other guy thru me for a loop.

do u still fuk around on the streets, if so, id love to roll and see if i can learn a thing or 2, more tricks in the bag, then when i get to my ART basic, they'll help me sort thru it and find what works for me.

16. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

Yeah man I am down, weren't you on deployment about a year ago or something like that? If so, I think we talked on there through pm's but i am not 100% sure on that. Yeah I still hit up the street, pm me if you want and we'll figure out a ride. I know Pungo/Chesepeake/South VA Beach real well so I might even show you some roads, too.

Damian

17. snikwad

Yep, thats me... i dont knwo if we talked tho... i know i PMed a couple people about riding.
    i hope u dont ride the crappy side of pungo, from Gen boothe, then make that left, i hate that place.

the side from indian river is tits, but ive only hit it once.

ill hit u up. maybe this weekend if all is good on my end.

18. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Yea, don't bother with learning.:rolleyes:

19. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Snik see that novice behind Deez name and the fact that he doesn't bother to read the whole thread before he chimes in? Go to school or let Jeninfer teach you.

20. snikwad

well, ah.. i cant afford CSS, anytime soon, and im still not sure when im gonna make it to the track...
    so how do u propose i learn it champ?