1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone heard of e-racing bodywork

Discussion in 'General' started by jkraft, Mar 31, 2007.

1. jkraft

jkraft Well-Known Member

Just saw them on e-bay, very inexpensive. Anybody used it?

2. wdavis009

wdavis009 Well-Known Member

It looks like something made in a 7th grade art class. HotBodies appears world class compare to that junk.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You get what you pay for. And the main question would be "why is it you've only ever seen it on Ebay?".

4. jkraft

jkraft Well-Known Member

I thought it looked like sharkskins.

5. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

I really, really wonder about people sometimes.

Here's a weekly post on the BBS, somewhat paraphrased:

"Anyone ever heard of X? It's WAY cheaper than anything else you can get through regular channels, so I"m thinking I'm going to buy it, but I'm wondering if it's any good".

There's an old saying that says if something is too good to be true ...

- Roach

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Roach, you ever hear of ZOX helmets? They're $99 and look like an Arai if you squint.

7. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Look here

mmfoor

8. wdavis009

I'll post pics tomorrow of what I received. It ended up in the dumpster. It was so bad it was comical. Who knows. Maybe the Ducati stuff is shit but the Japanese stuff is very good. I highly doubt it though.

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I think Jaycent Gebers is a sponsored rider for them. I talked to him for a little bit about them and he said the fit and finish are top notch and it is super thin and flexible almost like Sharkz. I think it was E-Racing that he is sponsored by. Can't remember. Getting old and have hit my head too many times. :D

10. jkraft

jkraft Well-Known Member

lighten up roach, just thought I'd ask. Isn't that the purpose of the BBS?

11. 56cbr600rr

56cbr600rr Well-Known Member

I'd stay away from the E-Race Fairings. I had it on my cbr 600rr couple of years ago and the stuff was way to stiff and was hard to mount. Brittle as well. I've had two sets of Tromex which is cheap stuff too. Tromex has actually been very good stuff, flexible and seems to mount extremely easy. I had it on my 05 zx6r and now my 06 r6.

12. PainterDude

PainterDude Member

You need your eyes examined...Stay away from E...

www.FinishingTouch4u.com

13. wookie

wookie Well-Known Member

does the tromex work with stock exhaust on the new r6?

JB

14. bkkruser

bkkruser Well-Known Member

there are 2 pages in the tech section from people who own them, and there opion is quite differant from the above, i bought then took lest than 3 hrs to mount and i have no experince in this area. fit was very good overall.at 350 vs 850 to 900 for sharkskins, its all in what you can afford my thought i get 3 for the price of 1 i also have spoke at the track with owners of e racing fairings and they all state they do very well in crashes and are not to difficult to repair. that remains to be seen by myself. best is only an opion. i bought of e bay shipped next day here in fl 5 days later.:up:

15. teampolevault

teampolevault Well-Known Member

To each his own...

I purchased a set for my 06 r6 and sprayed the bodywork with flat black from a spray can or 6. I was not sure what to expect for 375 to the door but it suprised me at how easy my set mounted up with very little trimming.It all boils down to the amount of money you want (not have to) spend for race bodywork, if you are budget minded and dont have to have the beautiful paint job(asphalt magnet) then my opinion is buy two sets of e-racing bodywork and have enough left over to pay for a couple of sprint races and just go race. You have to pay $750-$1000 for the big name brand stuff and yes the fit-finish quality is better but if you are a serious racer with sponsers to promote sure go ahead and get the better stuff, if not get the cheap stuff and just go ride and spend the money you are saving on (track day,tires,suspension......)

Good luck:up:

16. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Never seen the stuff but I'm thinking

Low margins allow no room for normal manufactuer to distributer to retailer to customer sales cycle.

17. jkraft

jkraft Well-Known Member

looks like the same mold was used. Stay away because it's too much work for the painter?

18. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Hit it with some 180, tack rag it. Then..........
    Shake until ball ratles freely and spray.. how hard is that? :up:

19. wdavis009

Okay, here are some pics of E-Racings tail section and fender for a 749:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't speak about fit, as I didn't even bother trying to install it. Also, please keep in mind it looks a lot BETTER in the pictures than in person. Not saying it won't work, but HotBodies looks BEAUTIFUL in comparison. The stuff is thick(!) and weighs substantially more than the stock plastic. However, given the fact STG sells HotBodies for only slightly more (when you add in shipping), I can't imagine why someone would buy E-Racings instead. But, that is me. YMMV. At least now you can see what it looks like so you know what to expect.

20. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

That stuff looks like a bag of assholes! :down: