1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP Roo leathers

Discussion in 'General' started by Spyderchick, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

In reference to this thread: http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=130268&page=2

I have spoken with the folks who handle MotoGP in the US. They are very concerned about issues involving their products. They have asked Bill to send them the suit, and will discuss the problem with the manufacturer.

This customer will be taken care of and receive a new suit. MotoGP is very concerned about the quality of their product, and they want customers to be satisfied with their purchase.

2. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

very interesting. :up:

3. fatallightning

fatallightning ghost of the touge

nice to see good things happen

4. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

That is cool... :up:

5. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

What if you have a new 'roo suit and don't wish to test it out to see if it's defective? :rolleyes: What do we do then? Will vendors give refunds after 60 days?

6. Jimbob

Jimbob Banned

Do they sell these same suits in Europe? If they do, and are truly concerned about their customers, they would be complying with the CE standards there for motorcyclist PPE. Sounds like lip service until they do.

7. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

You mean Tucker Rocky? What is it that they are going to do exactly? It sounds as if it isn't a "recall" type of deal, but rather, the quality isn't that good. Hard to send out a new suit that would most likely do the same thing again.

i know it is good customer service, but the long and short of it is that the suits aren't great or they wouldn't be tearing as they are.

8. fatallightning

fatallightning ghost of the touge

i believe they do, might be called berik or arlenn ness in the old world.

9. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Actually, Berik is the designer. His MotoGP eyes as they are called belong to him. The Arlen Ness suits are designed by him and sold as Arlen Ness suits. Same with the Berik stuff. MotoGP is a Tucker Rocky inside brand name. They pulled him in to design them or rather in more likelyhood, asked to use his eyes as they wanted to develope a brand awareness similar to Fox, Oakley, AStar, etc... See the eyes, relate it to MotoGP leathers...

Hasn't worked as planned. Most shops brought the stuff in on a buy back basis and most don't have a spec of it anymore as they sent it all back because it was poor to move...

10. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

in actuality

a motogp representative talked to me about shipping the suit to texas for evaluation. nothing was said about replacing it with a new suit. I suggested that because the suit is here in my trust and if I turn it loose and it doesn't return or a replacement shows up I am obligated to replace it.
    the representative said for repair or replacement the suits must be returned to the dealer who will ship them to texas then this representative in ohio travels there routinely to inspect and evaluate them and decide to repair or replace then at their discretion ( check that spelling) . owner told me to go ahead and repair it and send it back to him so that is what I will do. just the facts from my end. always the best. b bill

ps. not trying to contradict anyone here.but this is just how it was. thanks, b bill

11. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

braking news

this changes everything. the representative called back and offered a new suit for the old one for study and I called the owner to OK it but he declined. seems he forgot to tell me that a medic started a cut at the collar in the seam and then ripped the seams open by hand! that is why it didn't look cut off it was torn off. I just took for granted it was damaged like the other two I had repaired last week. they were both opened up in the crash though. just telling it like it is. eating crow here. b bill

12. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Doh!

13. Jimbob

Jimbob Banned

I don't know about the Tucker Rocky distribution deal, but MotoGP, Berik, and Arlen Ness all seem to be manufactured by Madif Industries, LTD, out of Hong Kong. It looks like Berik is a designer/distributorship, as is the Arlen Ness company. Berik in Italy, Ness in the UK, and MotoGp in the rest of the world. All with manufacturing out of China and aptly described on their website as their "fashion" lines.

http://www.madif.lunarpages.com/fashion/

14. Spyderchick

Hey Bill, Thanks for getting the whole story from the customer. I know the MotoGP people really wanted to offer him a new suit, so it's cool that he was honest, and that you were on top of it.

15. Spyderchick

Parts Unltd, handles Arlen Ness, Icon and now Thor Supermoto.

Tucker handles MotoGP, so what's your point?

With the exception of only a few brands (including most major and some boutique brands) most suits are made in China, Pakistan, and other Asian and Pan-Asian countries. Even some of Vanson's products are not made in the contiguous 48.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Jimbob - who do you work for?

17. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately at this point it is very fair to say consumer confidence will certainly be shaken up a bit. Perhaps a new thread is in order to bring this new info to the attention of interested parties. I will admit to being very concerned for this as this suit has been selling daily. First you do not want to sell something that will not perform, this is most important.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

While yes, this suit didn't have an issue the other two still did so I don't see the need for another thread. It's all pretty well covered here.

19. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

At this point it is hard to say whether or not the two previous suits may have been a situation similar to the one in question here. Props to the customer for not taking the freebie when he so easily could have.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't totally disagree with you however the fact that a medic can put a small slice in leathers and then rip them open with his hands does not to me indicate they don't have an issue that might need addressing.