1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire Warmers

Discussion in 'Tech' started by WatchOutBoys, Dec 6, 2006.

1. WatchOutBoys

WatchOutBoys New Member

I am looking for tire warmers for the 07 ccs season.
    Someone suggested chicken hawk, but they seem to be priced so high.

Has anyone ever used Tomahawk or Tyre Warmers?

thanks for any input

2. Viper

Viper Well-Known Member

just purchased some chicken hawk last week......:up:

3. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Powerstands is reselling some Chinese warmers that work pretty well. CLICKY Usually you can get them straight from the manufacturer on Ebay for a little bit less cash, but there are none listed right now.

The "Tyre Warmers" you're talking about are MotoGP brand, adn people use them and like them fine (they are manufactured by the same people as the ones I just mentioned, but w/. no digital controller.

The Tomahawk ones are also the same manufacturer, but make sure you get the big 200+ sized ones. The ones that say they fit up to 190 rears don't even fit 180's particularly well. These are the best value IMHO, and you can buy them from vendors who are at the track. Stickboy (SE/MC Bridgestone guy) sells them. You cna go to www.stickboyracing.com and post on teh forum there if you like.

4. carpediem

carpediem Well-Known Member

have a set of tomahawk. i bought them b/c I didn't want to spend the money on a "good" set being that it was first season. All I can say is that I haven't had any problems w/ them and it's got to be better than not having them.

5. carpediem

carpediem Well-Known Member

[ but make sure you get the big 200+ sized ones. The ones that say they fit up to 190 rears don't even fit 180's particularly well.[/QUOTE]

i forgot to say that. :up:

6. NuttZ

NuttZ Well-Known Member

I emailed a guy [email protected] about Tyrsox warmers for $175.00. I saw the add in the classified section on RoadRacing World's web page .http://www.roadracingworld.com/classified/category/?category=4

Here is his email that he sent back to me..."NO ITS 150 TILL MIDDLE OF DECEMBER, 175 TOTAL AND THEN BACK TO 250 INCLUDES SHIPPING, JUST NEED YOUR ADDRESS AND REAR TIRE SIZE....... RICHARD"

Anyone know anything about Tyrsox's or about this guy.

David

7. (diet)DrThunder

Richard is a good guy, and his warmers are great. The only downfall is that you have to cover them w/ a giant sock (included) to get the temp. up properly if it's cold / windy outside. I don't like dealing w. the sock, so I went with a different warmer.

Nothing wrong with them though...if you want a 5 hour dissertation on tire warmer technology, give him a call! :D

8. jeyrod

jeyrod Member

Jeff K from CBR600rr.com, a regular at CCS Midwest events - now head of the Red Flag Fund, uses some from Sportsbike. His review is here.

I bought the bottom end tire warmers from LP, which are actually bottom tier Chickenhawks. There was a small defect which Dave from Chickenhawk corrected for free. They work great but lack some nice features that are on other warmers.

9. piper907

piper907 Well-Known Member

TyreSox work great and they are cheap... they also run just fine on 1000w... 175 shipped is a great price. I payed 250 for mine last year and they worked great all season... and Richard is a good dude...

10. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

nothing beats woodcraft tire bakers

11. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

:stupid:

I've had mine two seasons now and LOVE them!! Nothing else like them in the pits! Better then ChickenHawks IMO

12. (diet)DrThunder

Out of curiosity...what is it that the Bakers do better than Chicken Hawks? I can't tell the difference between them (had both until I sold the TB's to a dude last year).

13. scott72673

scott72673 Well-Known Member

I've used TyrSox for a couple years now and they are great. I don't mind the extra sock to go around the wheel and tire on cooler days.

Richard is a great guy, the product is a great product. I run them all the time on a 1000 W generator. They are EASY to get into tight spaces between the fender/swingarm etc.

175 is a killer price. Buy them.

S

14. Big Deezul

you cant tell the difference? have you ever picked up a set of the digital bakers? I am talking about both companies top of the line warmers

15. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I have three friends (completely unrelated) who have had their Chicken Hawks leave wire marks on their tires. I even had one friend have the Hawks burn a hole right through the rear tire. It was a brand new Michelin PR5.

16. NuttZ

NuttZ Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the info...I believe I will give Richard a call and try'em out..

David

17. (diet)DrThunder

Yes, I owned a set of the digital tire bakers until recently, and I have (2) sets of CHicken Hawk ones in my garage now (not actually mine, but I've used them alot. The Tire Bakers weigh more...is that what you're talking about? My gear bag weighs even more than that, but I"m not sure how that will make my tires warmer :)

I have never heard any stories about the CH's grilling tires, but if that's the reason, then I understand...that's what I was asking re: why were they better.

18. (diet)DrThunder

Do you really expect me to believe this bullshit? There is absolutely no freaking WAY that you have three friends.

:D

19. Big Deezul

The insulation alone on the Woodcraft was enough to sell me. Nylon sheels instead of cloth...the are much more durable. Plus you dont have those boxes laying around in the pits. Everything on the bakers is built into the warmer. I just think they are a higher quality product. The materials speak for themselves when you compare the 2 brands side by side

20. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

all right, all right... you got me. :D