Holy CRAP!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by RoadRacerX, Jun 25, 2006.

1. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Did anyone else see the race-ending crash of the M3 at Mid Ohio Rolex Sports Car Series? One of the worst I've ever seen. :wow:

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I was bouncing between Sonoma, and that. Friggin storm knocked out my signal till just now.:mad:

3. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

Looks like an opportunity for a safety improvement with the changes at M-O. I'd hate to hit that at speed on a motorcycle.

4. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

The driver, Joey Hand, was treated and released from the hospital. He did an interview today and he might win quote of the year for this: " I got out of the hospital at about 1:00 in the morning and went straight to Steak ‘n Shake and got myself a chocolate shake and a double Steak ‘n Shake burger with fries and chili."

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn, the dude's making me hungry!

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

WOW

Just saw it on SPEED News:wow:

7. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

That was one hell of a crash. Glad to hear he's OK.

8. Scott47

Scott47 Well-Known Member

If someone on a bike hits that they will be doing a jump that would make Evil proud. That is a scary piece of track now.

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I need a link to show Honey. Somebody knows where it is.

10. V7 Jerry

V7 Jerry Well-Known Member

11. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

12. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

I've never seen anybody crowded off right there before, so I don't know if that hump is new. Sure was a bad scene, though. :wow:

13. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Thank you. I may have to download that to my phone

14. mcracr

mcracr 2smoke racing 4 life!

I saw that and it was very very scary... can't believe no one else did that before considering all the racing/ track days/ schools that go on there...

frankly, I would beat the crap outta the Pontiac driver for rubbing like that. uncalled for and could have been lethal. was there any penalty assessed? I don't understand why he rubbed right there - usually that move is done in a corner to move a guy offline or make a space for a pass.

Hope Mid-O corrects that immediately!

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Luckily for bikes I can't come up with any scenario where a rider would turn right there.

16. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

Huh?

It's certainly not unheard of for bikes to lean on each other fighting for position - and that kink kinda sneaks up on you. Plus, we all know riders can do some crazy stuff in the heat of battle, with or without "help" from other racers.

I think the Speed guys said this berm was new, and I've certainly never noticed it there before.

Not trying to start anything with you, Sean, but seems to me that it COULD happen to a bike. I sure hope track management realizes the problem and gets it fixed ASAP.

Peace.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Anything can happen - and I'm sure the track will address the issue for all vehicles - but quite simply a bike won't run that far off the inside of that corner. Just not how bikes work even when bumped by other bikes. Want an example - just watch the footage of Colin and Nicky from this past Sunday.

18. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

We hope. :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Like I've said before there are always exceptions but motorcycles are pretty cool that they don't have 4 wheels and don't shoot to the inside of corners like the BMW did. A bike trying to turn that hard to the right would fall and then go back across the track the other way. Physics rocks :D

20. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Would you believe they had more cars flipping in yesterday's Grand-Am Cup race? A guy hit the wall in turn one and wound up upside down on the track, and he collected two more guys who both went flipping into the grass. One of my drivers saw it and said one of the cars went so high it almost hit that bridge over turn one. :eek: Luckily, all the drivers were fine. That race hasn't aired on SPEED yet, but will in a week or so.