Anyone work for Toyota or Hyundai?

Discussion in 'General' started by gillianthree, Apr 2, 2006.

1. gillianthree

gillianthree Well-Known Member

I am considering jumping ship from GM to one of these transplants. Just wondering if I could get some insight. Oh, buy the way I am a Bodyshop controls engineer....As always thanks in [email protected]

2. B.Augie

B.Augie Wera 930

I work at Toyota in georgetown, in the body shop. Come on down! It seems we are getting more people all the time from what used to be the BIG THREE.
    I hope you like long hours and working on weekends, they run a tight ship (ARRRRRRRRG:D ) but that is how they stay on top. here's a link to em'

http://www.toyotageorgetown.com/

Good luck!

3. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

I work at the Hyundai plant here in Alabama and its an awesome job. I am also from Ohio and I absolutely love it here. The weather is great and there a 6 tracks within 5 hours of here. Tally,Barber,jennings,Nashville,Roebling, and Road Atlanta. How could you beat that :)

4. gillianthree

Is Hyundai union? Is it a good company to work for? How many shifts do you guys run? I see they have a listing on monster.com do you have a contact within Hyundai, I could send my resume to....As always thanks in [email protected]

5. unoigo817

unoigo817 Well-Known Member

Yes they are non union. They're still somewhat in ramp-up phase and doing quite a bit of hiring. BTW, I work at the Toyota plant in Princeton, IN - TMMI. We have a few positions available as well as our new plant in San Antonio. Check out toyota.com, there are plenty of positions available. Feel free to PM with any questions, etc.

6. gillianthree

Do you have a contact at the San Antonio plant? I hate using monster.com because I get blind call from every head-hunter on earth....Thanks in [email protected]

7. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

i work for a company that supplies toyota. (we are not owned by toyota)...... work is insanely busy right now with launching parts for new models, etc, it isnt even funny.

its sad to say for US/Canada, that the import insustry is taking over. i have family members that work for the big 3, and i wish i could support american/canadian backed vehicles, but i have 100% job security, where my other family members have been laid off for the last year.

8. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I don't work for either of them, but my recent claim to "fame" is that I produced the front and rear fascias of Colins new ride. :cool:

9. vito2279

I will get the info about Hyundai today :)

10. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

What's your last name Mike?? You can PM! My wife & I worked @ Lordstown..and are getting ready to start at Hyundai!!!

Be warned about the not so warm reception at first...the competition thinks you may have something to do with the ship sinking at your current employer!!!
    Have you seen this??

:Dhttp://es.dir.alabama.gov/local/Hyundai/Management-Technical.html

Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  11. vito2279

Toyota Luvr, you will love it here :)

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hmmm, dude, you aware that Hyundai is a foreign brand, right? As in, "not American." In other words, taking jobs away from the good American union worker. And sending profits overseas. To that place that is not America. So obviously, this is a late April fools joke, right? You're not really about to commit treason. Not you. No way.

13. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Really? Can I get your autograph? :D

14. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

once again you prove to the masses....you don't know shit here!!!!:Poke:

15. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

what? no useless..half-assed comment????:moon:

16. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

No reason to be a smart ass! I believe in American made products ... but, I also believe in supporting myself and my family!!!

17. mad brad

mad brad Guest

:rolleyes: more and more every day.

i challenge your tiny brain to go back and look at all of your asinine statements on this subject.

giant snap-on box of tools.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I only proved you're too ignorant to know when to shut the fuck up. :D

19. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

So are you riding/racing a Buell? You didn't answer me last time. :)

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Bro, he's buried so deep in his own bullshit he can't answer for fear of swallowing some as he opens his mouth. All you need to know is that you shouldn't buy foreign cars when he works for GM, but feel free to buy a Huydai when he goes there. :rolleyes: