It took 20 minutes of riding for some wench to turn in front of me

Discussion in 'General' started by Jugglenutz, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

Why do people in NC, namely charlotte, suck so bad at driving? I mean...NASCAR is so huge here, we should have the pick of the litter when it comes to driving skills...I was approaching an intersection...light goes yellow...I know I can make it through with plenty of time...soccer mom turns right in front of me...I have to lock up the front and the rear (thinking back i should have just swerved around her)...then give her the wtf(rik) look and a mighty mighty blast from the horn...if she didn't have the dang cell phone glued to her ear, maybe she'd of heard it...obviously time to take it back to the track:rolleyes: All this...20 minutes after I take the gixxer out for the first time :mad:

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Now that she has your ass puckered.let me go ride the bike:D

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hmmm, maybe they don't get to practice their intersection skills on NASCAR tracks...

Get your ass back to the track! Or at least off that gsxr. :)

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

So, total strangers are tryin' to off you, too?

5. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

Hey Lever, yellow does not mean speed up.
    You need to learn better defensive riding skills.

6. ThrottleJock

ThrottleJock Has been/Never was

the man's right - shouldn't be running yellows but I hear ya on the crappy charlotte drivers. Next time, do this:
    1. Assume the car will pull out and come to a complete stop in your lane. Swerving isn't always the best option 'cause the woman's probably intent on cutting across three lanes to get to Chik fil A too, screwing up yer plan.
    2. Check your mirrors to make sure there isn't another woman/cell/SUV tailgating you and intending to run the yellow
    3. Stop at the light

You should try riding in Miami. Kinda like Beirut but with more cars.

7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Werd. I used to think we were animals on the highway up in Boston, then I went to Miami. A close second place is Atlanta, where they tend to go for the highway exit from the 3rd to the left passing lane. :wow:
    The rest of Florida has the bluehairs driving 55 MPH in the furthest left passing lane.
    In a nutshell, Boston drivers are still crazy, but at least they know what they're doing. :up:

8. Johnny B

And Lever, use your freakin' head! (I'm telling this to a guy who drafts semis for fuel economy?) Motorcycles aren't as threatening as a car, people will take more chances with you. Conversly, ever notice you consider a move more carefully if it's a tractor trailer instead of a car approaching you?

9. Jugglenutz

You guys are looking at this wrong because i didn't give you all the facts..I wouldn't have had time to stop for the yellow or I normally would...i didn't mention that she couldn't see me because there was a car turning left in front of her and i was in the right lane on a 4 lane street...you guys are exactly right about stopping for yellow lights...and I do ride exactly as you guys are saying...she just shouldn't have assumed no one would be coming from behind the car...probably a brainfart from the cell phone conversation...luckily i had the brakes covered like i always do when approaching an intersection

10. Johnny B

You're on a motorcycle. You'd best be assuming that everybody you encounter is a moron. You'll live longer.

11. Jugglenutz

10-4 and roger that...that's what I practice...I think I was spoiled by the track...you're not constantly thinking..."does that person pulling out see me", etc...and I know what kinda retards drive around here on these streets (i'm one of em :D)...so its ultimately my decision to take the risk...i give the thumbs up to people in cars who are carrying the "watch for motorcycles" bumper stickers...good to know people are on the look out for you...As for the drafting of semis...I haven't done that since the retarded thread i start months ago...however...a lot of the drivers around here somehow think you can draft a motorcycle??:confused:

12. Jugglenutz

10-4 and roger that...that's what I practice...I think I was spoiled by the track...you're not constantly thinking..."does that person pulling out see me", etc...and I know what kinda retards drive around here on these streets (i'm one of em :D)...so its ultimately my decision to take the risk...i give the thumbs up to people in cars who are carrying the "watch for motorcycles" bumper stickers...good to know people are on the look out for you...As for the drafting of semis...I haven't done that since the retarded thread i start months ago...however...a lot of the drivers around here somehow think you can draft a motorcycle??:confused:

13. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

It's a different world out there since I was your age. People just don't care... bikes, cars it's doesn't matter. You'll need to drive a semi if you want to get their attention. That women would have run you over and never batted an eye and slept like a baby that night. Its CYOA when you're on two wheels. Be safe.

14. Shenanigans

I went & drank some lager.:beer: Did you go ride anymore sissy-boy:D :Poke:

15. Jugglenutz

No...the clutch is sticking for some reason so I am working on fixing that...sigh

16. Shenanigans

Taht sucks

17. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Hey

Like my dad always said "A car accident is nothing but 2 stupid people that happen to meet at the same time"

Hmmmmm

:)

18. Johnny B

Hmmmmm. Perhaps if you remove the muffler and install a straight pipe, they'll back off far enough to be able to hear the guy at the other end of the line on their cell phone! (Those Harley dudes are onto somethin'!) :Poke:

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

STP is a known cure for sticky clutches...

20. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Whatta you do... hope the vibrations from the speakers loosen 'em up? I'd go with some heavy bass rap music then but Stone Temple Pilots will do too.

David :D