1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear brake tubing

Discussion in 'General' started by Rhoades, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Rhoades

Rhoades Well-Known Member

I am looking for a chunk of tubing to use to replace the rear master cylinder. You know the clear tube you fill with fluid. I see Yoyodyne has it for $13. Doest anybody know what type of plastic it is? If I knew what it was made of I could try to source it locally.

Rhoades

2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Tygon.

4. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

correct me if im wrong but isnt the master cylinder the actual hydraulic internals? i believe it is the fluid resevoir that you guys are talking about. I don't see it being an issue but crap
    , you could argue you get about as much as aerodynamic advantage from a dubble bubble as by having tucked away tubign and not around object that causes drag, so who knows.

MY solution, race 125s in GP and Formula classes:up:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Did you just use a 4 letter word??? You are how old??

I think I read you are looking for sponsors??:tut:

Yes there are potential sponsors reading this...and Yes I am one.

6. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Just like a Dad....:D

Oh...and a KABLAMMMMMMM!!!!

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

thanks, britt. now i feel guilty about all the opportunities that never came my way cuz i'm a pottie mouth. :(

you're a 100% right. :cool:

8. tzrboy

tzrboy Working hard to play harder!

Rhoades....I run the Yoyodyne hoses specifically and have for years-just feel better seeing no bubbles and if I do, well...

I like giving Fred the business at Yoyodyne-they always take care of us- Home Depot can have Nascar's dollars.

FYI-I started the thread in the tech forum as well-use the hose but keep the reservoir if you choose to run SS classes(I typically eliminate them but was running Thunderbike and Superbike classes with CCS).

WERA rocks!:up:

9. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

Hey post a link to the section where Yoyodyne lists the hose because I looked and didnt see it. I've been wanting some just to replace the hose between the reservoir and the master cylinder but hadnt found any that was specifically for brake fluid. Thanks ahead of time.

10. Rhoades

Rhoades Well-Known Member

11. swetngblts

swetngblts Well-Known Member

Tygon 2075 - Call Bob @ USPLASTIC or email him [email protected]
    Nice guy he sent me a two foot sample piece for testing. So far the tubing is holding up well.
    http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pr...USPlastic&category_name=7510&product_id=26053

You can pay $8 a foot or you can pay significantly less and buy a bundle to share with your racing buddies

12. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

Thanks Rhoades