Wildfire Generator????

Discussion in 'Tech' started by JCP636, Jan 20, 2009.

1. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

look kinda like Sticks gennys

3. RDJeff

RDJeff Well-Known Member

They say "designed in the USA". Probably made in China.

I'll stick with my Honda, although it might be made in China too, its a good unit!

4. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

I don't have a grand to drop on a honda. I need something cheap. I thought they looked like sticks too. I would buy one from him, but he said they aren't making any more of them right now...

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Does he not have any in stock? there was one in classifieds the other day LCT2600:up:

6. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

He said the manufacturer wasn't producing any more of them at least for the time being and he didn't have any more. I saw that, I think it's sold already. I just got my student loan check or else I woulda bought one sooner. F- buying books i need stuff for the track.

7. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

How about a coleman powermate 1850. They seem like a pretty good reputable company and there's a few cheap used ones on ebay. Any personal experience with them? My only concern is it might not run 2 sets of warmers, but that's not such a huge deal for me.

8. RDJeff

RDJeff Well-Known Member

I've been through two of the Coleman generators, and I can tell you they don't last nearly as long as a Honda, they are heavier, plus, they don't have an idle circuit, so they're always running wide open. Maybe that's part of the problem...

I live "off the grid", and use a small generator to charge the house batteries, so I'm pretty sensitive to what works and what doesn't. I've heard of the Hondas running 10,000 hours, mine has 2,800 hours right now. The Coleman units I've had each died at less than 1,000 hours.

9. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

10. Clem

Clem Changin' My Latitude

I posted this on another site but it fits here as well:

I picked up one of the 1000W two stroke jobs from these people, curiosity got the best of me, they are local to me, Snyder Tire, and were selling them for $90? around Xmas:

http://stores.ebay.com/WILDFIRE-MOTORS

Have about 4-5 hours on it testing with various loads and during a short power outage. Runs around 125V w/ no load. It holds up voltage pretty well(110V) with a set of the 180 chickenhawks but does not like a 1500w resistive heater(80V). I have not heated tires and tested final temps but both warmers were blasting pretty well and the indicator lights were functioning properly.

Reasonably quiet but wouldn't be mistaken for a Hon or Yam, super light, fairly well constructed except that the fuel line was originally kinked a bit much for my liking and the fuel tank was rigidly mounted to the frame causing some vibration, fixed w/o-rings. Moves around on concrete but stays put in grass.

IIRC they have 4 stroke 2KW,3KW, 6KW? versions as well. For the price and my intended use, I'm not too worried about longevity. It seems to be running well so far. I'll probably try to heat some tires with it when I go over the bike for the upcoming season.