1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZXR400 classes

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Newsshooter, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I race a Kawi ZXR400 with the AFM and was thinking about hitting up a WERA race. Looking at the rules it appears that it would be legal for Superbike but not Superstock since it's a grey market bike.

Anyone running kawi or honda 400's with WERA and what classes?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  2. Newsshooter

38 views and no answers, anybody race grey market 400's in WERA? Another question, can you change the front end in Superbike? I've got one of my 400's set up with a 636 front end.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You should be kosher for V6lw as well as F2 and perhaps D-Superbike but all will depend on the model year of the bike I think.. D-Super may need a ruling from the large mountain known as Mongo.

4. Newsshooter

Thanks for the info, I'm sure it isn't legal for Vintage. It's a 2000 model. :) Much newer than the FZR I started racing on a few years ago. Though the L model ZXR didn't change much from 1993 till they stopped producing it in 2000, it had fully adjustable upside down forks in 93. I'm figuring it's legal F2 and D superbike, hopefully I can use the 636 front, I like the brakes better.

5. fatallightning

fatallightning ghost of the touge

ask mongo. it may be a performance index thing, where even though its grey marlet, thats where it "belongs". i had asked about a cbr400 one time and that was the general response. ask again though

6. Newsshooter

So how does one get in touch with Mongo? Is anyone racing grey market 400's with WERA? We have had quite a few run with the AFM.

7. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

You would have gotten lots more action in the 'General' section.
    Email Mongo at: [email protected].

mmfoor