1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zxr250a needs some help

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Awodzenski, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Awodzenski

Awodzenski Active Member

I have an 85 zxr250a that I have been tinkering with and am about ready to make her track ready but I need some help with the cabs first. All 4 vacuum diaphragms are cracked and I am having a hard time finding replacements for them. If there is any one out there that has any kind of experience with these bikes and would not mind passing some advice along I would appreciate it.

2. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Good luck man.

3. Awodzenski

Awodzenski Active Member

Looks like I a going to need it.

4. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

5. onefastgs500

onefastgs500 Well-Known Member

i've heard of people fixing carb diaghrams with liquid electrical tape

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

As a last resort a tiny smear of silicone works too.

7. edgefinder

edgefinder Well-Known Member

Theres a couple sellers on fleabay with reproduction carb slide diphragms for older bikes. Really helped as many are NLA at the dealer. The good thing is they sell for about $80 for a set of 4. The bad thing is you have to send them one of yours to copy. motoallparts is one of the sellers.

8. Awodzenski

Awodzenski Active Member

I have the bike running with silicone patches on them but I have had to redo it twice already because the silicone will not sick for long.

9. Awodzenski

Awodzenski Active Member

That would be amazing! I might have found a stock one they put in newer 4 Wheelers butI would have to buy one for $90 to find out if it will work and they well not let me return it if it does not fit.