1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZX7 Steering damper

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by cpettit, Mar 8, 2017.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a suitable steering damper for my zx7 and it looks like the fork leg to frame rail mount is the easiest way to go. There aren't a ton available for this bike but here is a link to one I found for reference............

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-ZX...ash=item4614277b45:g:mNkAAOSweW5VAn8O&vxp=mtr

The problem is that i'm having a hard time figuring out what size I need. The fork leg bracket is easy. If I can figure out what length damper I need (and locate a good deal on one) I can put my own kit together but I need the length. I'm seeing 120mm, 255mm and 330mm dampers for sale. I'm pretty sure 120mm is too short and judging by tape measure, the 255 will be extremely close. Anybody have any experience with this?

2. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

I'm running a Scotts' dampner on mine. I picked it up used and went thru 5 or 6 different mounting hardware. I finally gave up and called GPR ( i think) and they had the mounting stuff.

3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Thanks.

If anyone has any suspension bits for a 93-95 zx7 i'd be interested in them. Also an exhaust or solo rear tail from the fancy model would be cool to find.