1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZX6R Fresh Build, 1254 miles, Clear Title, Race & Street Bodywork, $6750 OBO Northern Virginia

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by dug, Jul 21, 2017.

1. dug

dug Winning at Losing.

Extremely clean 2009 ZX6R that was purchased this past February from a collector with only 8 (eight) miles on the odometer. Apparently, he never rode it, but to his credit he did have it on stands and battery tender along with 9 other bikes. I broke it in on the street for about 450 miles before building it for track days. Currently mileage sits at 1,254 with 1 track day at Summit and 1 at NC Bike, remaining were street miles. Bike is solid and fast. At 220lbs geared up, I was able to turn 1:19s at Summit Main in traffic, with less than optimal gearing, so of course it can do better. And yes, it does come with a clear Virginia Title.

Parts list front to back:
    • Core Moto brake lines front and rear.
    • Carbone Lorraine pads up front.
    • Speed Bleeders on all four fittings.
    • All Balls bearings front and rear.
    • R&G tank sliders.
    • Stomp Grip pads and tank protector.
    • Yoshimura Case savers/sliders.
    • Driven Rearsets.
    • MotoD magnetic drain plug.
    • ECU Reflashed by MRP for no cats and M4 exhaust, ignition advanced on then top end, fuel added on decel, etc ("all the usual refinements")- no dyno sheets but other exact builds net 125hp on pump gas.
    • Penske Rear Shock- sprung for 190lbs rider. Suspension/ geometry by MRP and is spot on (see tire wear).
    • Driven Sprockets (-1/+1).
    • Pirelli Superbike Slicks with 2 days on them (SC1 front, SC2 rear).
    • Woodcraft rear spools.
    • Safety wired oil drain, fill, filter, and rear axle pin.
    • Fluids- Valvoline 4T, Engine ICE, RBF 600.

Extras:
    • Complete set of Armour Bodies (upper/ lower/ tail/ front fender) with Supersport tail and windscreen with 2 days on them (lower has a hot spot from before I added the heat shield but its otherwise perfect). Currently has yellow plates with #991.
    • Race exhaust hanger, with SATO Racing tie down hook bracket for the opposing side.
    • Set of OEM Bridgestones that came with the bike- approximately 450 miles on them (120/70-180/55).
    • OEM Shock, tinted windscreen, and sprockets.
    • Spares, all new: Exhaust strap, slider puck, Driven peg, set of OEM Levers, billet clip-ons, OEM rectifier, and a new set of CL Brake pads for the front.
    • Also includes a new radiator guard (never installed), and a spare shift rod with heim joint and arm.

Lastly- sale will include both OEM keys, all maintenance records, and receipts for everything that's been done.

Currently the bike is in street trim to show condition of OEM plastics, and aside from the slicks could pass VA state inspection. I have never put the bike down but there are a few fine scratches on the right side of the mid fairing that were said to have been "caused in storage". They are difficult to find and from their location it definitely didn't happen with the bike on the move. I'll include a picture.

Reason for sale is simple, it's a great bike. But I recently got to demo a new R1, and that sealed the deal. So with 2 bikes in the garage and another in the living room I have to make space.

Bike is located in Northern Virgina about 10 mins from Dulles. ZIP 20105. (Roughly 30mins from D.C.)
    (502) 436-3241

$6750 OBO...

Buy the bike and you can also have my sister. No returns on either.
    s-l1600.jpg s-l16002.jpg s-l16003.jpg s-l16004.jpg s-l16005.jpg s-l16006.jpg s-l16007.jpg s-l16008.jpg s-l16009.jpg s-l160010.jpg

2. dug

dug Winning at Losing.

More Pics..

s-l160011.jpg s-l160012.jpg s-l160013.jpg s-l160014.jpg s-l160015.jpg s-l160017.jpg s-l160018.jpg s-l160019.jpg s-l160020.jpg s-l160021.jpg

3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Gonna need pics of the sister. :crackup:

4. dug

dug Winning at Losing.

Nobody wants pics of my sister.... That's the problem. :Poke:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  5. scabbabmw

scabbabmw Member

If I wasn't married I would be interested in the sister.

6. dug

dug Winning at Losing.

No you wouldn't, she's like me only with a beard.

BTW- Bump and price drop. $6500 OBO

7. dug

dug Winning at Losing.

Bump/ Price Drop- $6250 OBO