1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZX10 2017 convert to temp track duty - track plastic

Discussion in 'Tech' started by RichMangus, Jul 15, 2017.

1. RichMangus

RichMangus Booya

How do you guys mount the electronics on the left side under fairings?

Thanks
    Rich

2. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

When I was running the stock harness I built a bracket to relocate the rec/reg just above the countershaft sprocket area (the same small void where the kit oil can mounts). The other wires got zip tied up tight and tucked away cleanly.

3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

For a while I had the rectifier zip tied to the inside of the race fairings.
    Now I have the kit catch can which relocated to above the front sprocket, like DDK732 mentioned, you can make your own bracket to mount there, there is even a threaded boss there you can use.

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The kit harness is reasonably priced and makes life a lot better. And not just a little better. A LOT better.

5. WERA 904

WERA 904 Well-Known Member

What Mike said. I had all my wiring stuffed under the airbox and lengthened the wires for the rectifier and mounted it where the others did. Th airbox was a TIGHT fit and I was afraid of wires chaffing with being so tightly packed in. The Kit wiring harness is a must if you aren't going back on the street from both an asthetic and functional standpoint.

6. WERA 904

WERA 904 Well-Known Member

If you don't want to hack up your stock harness I still have mine with the lengthened rectifier wires if you want to buy it.