1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zuma starting issues

Discussion in 'Tech' started by sanee, May 29, 2020.

1. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

its an older two stroker (08 to be specific) as i was out and about yesterday, as i got to my destination to meet a buddy i turn the key off. Couple minutes later the push button just wont crank. I feel like its a connection issue (my fav) as when the key is on the brake light doesnt even come on. Kicked started it and went home.

any ideas what to look for?

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

hows the battery check out?

3. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

battery has been ok. not the best but has been able to start. i didnt think it was a problem as it started and found it weird to just die

4. If brake light doesn’t work as well I’ll bet hard Money on a loose ground. Just nut and bolt it and you will find one loose. Only issue is it’s a pain taking off all the bodywork but cheap fix.

TurboBlew likes this.
  5. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Throw a voltmeter on the battery and check it for static and drop when you hit the starter button since you say "not the best". Always start with the simple stuff before chasing everything else. You'd be pissed if you pulled all the bodywork and checked everything else first to end up replacing the battery. It could very well be a loose ground as stated above but why not start with the easiest.

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

This ^^^, always start with the simple stuff. Have seen several customers spend hours and dollars chasing their tail before finally giving in and bringing it to me to find out it's a weak battery. Then they feel stupid. :D

7. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

well it magically started again with the button switch. Threw the volt meter on and battery reads a little low. Buddy said could be the regulator also. I think its time to take off the bodywork yay