1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zell Miller makes a complete ass out of himself

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Team Atomic, Sep 2, 2004.

1. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

After watching the RNC I think that if Arnold could run he would beat them both hands down.

2. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

So when are they going to change that law???

With Arnold, I would never see someone with such a strong accent winning Presidency, but I always thought it was a bit unfair for Madelaine Albright to be excluded......

3. charles

charles The Transporter

Here you go again!!!! Bickering back and forth about these mama's boys running for office , while serious problems confront
    our civilization. I asked to be elected in November, you can still write me in and ignore those sapped-out hypocritical stooges
    of big business. When in office, I will set up shop the same day
    I swear in, and begin to trim the fat in Washington. The first person who gets his fat ass kicked out is that pile of shit from
    Massachusetts, Ted Kennedy, just for starters.
    I'll immediately call for an Arab Summit meeting, and will
    advise the heads of state of all muslim nations that any and
    all acts of terrorism originating from their borders will be
    construed as an Act of War upon the USA, so, they better put their little sniveling shit dog terorists on a short leash or get lots of sun tan lotion for radiation burns.
    Any company or organization shipping jobs out overseas will
    be taxed 50% immediately and the corporate shitbag CEOs will be imprisoned. Crime will be reduced overnight by restructuring the legal system, no more lying lawyers to get people off the hook. Disemboweling tools will soon become useful in prisons.
    Next session I will outline some of my more active social programs. Good day, my Fellow Americans

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Zell's antics??? LMAO!
    Dude you need to stop wearing those 'bleeding heart libs' prescribed eyewear!

I applaud Zell for standing up for himself and not succumb to some of the typical bullying tactics of left wing reporters....I watched that interview and I didnt see Zell do anythng embarrassing unlike ur pathetic attempt to stir the pot. Try AGAIN!!! As usual the truth hurts ehhh???

You lefty's can try all you want to put down Zell's speech,personally, I got two things out of it.
    1- The dems will use the ongoing war to deceit Americans into voting for their cause. Which I will ALWAYS view as unpatriotic, it splits the country up when it needs to be one more than ever.
    2- It doesnt take a genius to see a pattern when certain dems keep voting against funding our military in WHATEVER package it comes in.....

I liked it best when someone said a persons deeds will speak volumes about their inner self than any words.

Unfortunately for Kerry, he doesnt walk his talk, he just continues to FLIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPP FLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPP.:eek: :D

5. kmfegan

Wouldn't be the first time Kerry tried to use an ongoing war for his own personal benefit.

6. tcasby

tcasby Banned

I just heard Zebs speech and interview for the first time. He is a fool and a clown. His speech was a bunch of ridiculous hyperbole.

He referred to Kerry's candidacy as "a manic obsession to bring down the commander and chief". What would he prefer, Bush be crowned monarch for life?

He listed a bunch of weapons systems that Kerry opposed. Many of the systems listed were opposed just as strongly by republicans and the pentagon. B1, B2, MX missile, SDI, were all cold war programs. The B1 was complete failure and the program was saved by the B1B compromise. The B1 and B2 were intended as a nuclear delivery systems. Their current roles could have been accomplished by far cheaper platforms even more effectively as we could have built more. MX missile? Just what we need in today's world, an ICBM. Trident? Same thing. SDI? Complete failure. Apache helicopter? Proven ineffective in all but ideal conditions. F14 and F15 variants? Turning obsolete air superiority fighters into ground attack aircraft instead of building the far more cost effective F 16 and F 18 in greater numbers?

To say that Kerry opposed sending armored vests to solders is an out and out slanderous lie.

His buffoonery in the Mathews interview was almost too embarrassing to watch. No wonder the republicans are doing their best to distance them selves from this idiot.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2004
  7. kmfegan

So what you are saying is that you strongly relate to where he was coming from (in your opinion)?

And as for you comment about the Apache, isn't it in widespread use in the military?

8. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Kerry's vote is on record, he he indeed voted against funding for this,

As someone else mentioned, Miller was having a difficult time hearing the questions from Matthews. Zeb held his own, and who you think was the bigger buffoon was depends on where you stand politically. The polls have spoken and W got a definite bump from a very successful convention. Hats off to Zeb Miller! :up:

9. tcasby

tcasby Banned

Yes, and it's failure in Kosovo and Iraq is one of the primary reasons the Comanche was canceled. It is a great tank killer in open desert, but so isn't the A10, Abrams, and F16, and these can't be taken down by a bunch of guys with small arms firing simultaneously in the air.

10. kmfegan

I have no idea how "Goofball" stays on air.

Here is how Chris Mathews works.

He asks a question and then spends 10 minutes rephrasing the same question.

Then he finally stops so you the person can answer.

The person starts to answer.

Mathews interrupts and starts disagreeing with the person before the person can actually answer the question.

Then Mathews mumbles and mumble some rhetoric that usaully has no relevance to what they are discussing and then it starts all over again.

11. tcasby

tcasby Banned

Was there a specific funding request for vests,
    or was it part of the 30 (??) billion dollar additional funding request?

And if you're going to blindly accept statements like, "Kerry would have out military directed from Paris" (paraphrasing), then you have no right to question my posts.

So buzz off :D

12. kmfegan

It was 87 billion not 30.

You have alot of balls criticising what someone else posts with that dribble that you post Casby.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2004
  13. kmfegan

Kerry went on record before the vote for the 80 billion that would have provided increase support for our troops.

He said that he had problems with some of the other provisions of the bill.

There was a shitload of money going to Haliburton in the bill for some open ended contract, I am not 100% up on all the details.

Kerry wanted the bill changed.

When asked on the record if he would vote against the bill if those things were not removed Kerry's response was that it would be "Irresponsible" to do so.

You people can twist shit all you want, but I and many others say that Kerry is his own worst enemy.

14. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

No, thank you. I'll stand by my original statement. He is on record voting no for the funding. Just because he doesn't like Haliburton (unfounded hatred of a legitimate company) is no reason to withhold support for the troops HE voted to send.

As far as Zell's comment, Kerry would back it with his talk, saying he would have waited for the unanimous cooperation of the UN. Um...Yeah. France, Germany and Russia being the only holdouts, because of course, they were busy doing illegal business with Iraq the whole time the UN sanctions were in place.

And I just can't figure out what Kerry the poodle would do differently to gain favor (like we really need it) with the French. They hate the US. Period. Not Bush. Who our president is will make no difference in the way they feel about the US. Bank it.

How's that for buzzing off? :D

15. kmfegan

Didn't you know that before George Bush became President there was a deep intimate bond built on mutual trust and respect between the US and France?

Kerry voted against the first war with Iraq and we had France and Germany on our side then. Then he voted for this war with Iraq even though France and Germany were against it.

Kerry has voted on the wrong side of every major issue for his whole career in the senate.
    What was his excuse that time?

16. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Where do you come up with this drivel? The Apache is clearly the best light attack helicopter in the world today, and has never been considered a failure. And it's not exactly a news flash for you to point out that helicopters are vulnerable to small arms fire. Apache is not alone in that regard, however, it has demonstrated the highest survivability of any American combat helicopter. It has more features designed for survivability than any light attack helicopter ever made. Contrary to your claim, it was not a failure in either Kosovo or Iraq. In fact, the Apache never saw action in Kosovo.

The Army's decision to kill the Comanche was due to the cost of the program and changing aspects of global conflicts. It was a Cold War weapon designed for stealth reconnaissance and attack. Times have changed, and there are better ways to accomplish the reconnaissance, like with unmanned surveillance aircraft such as the Predator. The Army elected to spend the money that it would have used for the Comanche partially on unmanned aircraft and on upgrading the existing fleet, a trend that they've been moving to since 1999 or so.

17. kmfegan

Why am I not surprised?

18. tcasby

tcasby Banned

The Apache was brought to Albania with the intent of operations in Kosovo, but weather, mud, training crashes, and inhospitable terrain prevented it's deployment. It was a huge embarrassment for the Army.

Sure, the Apache is the best attack helicopter, but the whole concept of the attack helicopters role is being questioned.

19. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Sorry, wrong again, it was personnel and systems, not the platform that was deficient. Read what Brig Gen Dick Cody had to say about the situation, he knows a little about the Apache from Desert Storm and was charged by the Army to look into the Apache's role in Kosovo.

To summarize his view, the problem in Kosovo was weaknesses in training, operations, communications and electronic warfare systems.

1. 65% of the combat crew force had less than 500 hours of Apache seat time when they went to Albania.

2. None were qualified for night vision goggle use from the front co-pilot/gunner seat.

3. Radios were generally inadequate for supporting long range, deep penetration attacks. To make things work, the Army resorted to using a SATCOM link added to a UH-60 to relay communications, and a relay system aboard a (fixed wing) C-12 aircraft. In addition to monitoring these and other sources, the pilots had to stay in touch with Air Force AWACS aicraft, a situation which led to high cockpit workload.

4. The radar jammer is set to defeat the SA-8 Land Roll and the ZSU-23-4 gun, but the primary threat radars in the Balkans are the Flat Face and the Fire Can, Straight Flush, Flap Wheel, and Giraffe Radars. The pilots were given no supporting data on the effectiveness of the jammers to threat missiles and radars.

20. tcasby

tcasby Banned

So are you saying the Apache deployment in Albania wasn't a failure and an embarrassment to the Army?